Can't set up GovConnect STP due to the ABN having already registered using another Reckon account

amater10
amater10 Member Posts: 11

Hi!

I already had a subscription to Reckon Accounts Hosted when I registered for a Reckon account on https://portal.reckon.com. I didn't realise that I already had a Reckon account as part of my subscription to Reckon Accounts Hosted. I now realise that the already existing Reckon account uses my Username to log in. I had thought that if I used my email address when creating a Reckon account, then Reckon would recognise that I'm an existing user—but, that's not the case!

Anyway, I started to use my newly created Reckon account to set up GovConnect STP to report my payroll information using the Reckon Payroll App, which I have been trialling. However, from now on, I want to use Reckon Accounts Hosted to report my payroll information for STP compliance. Unfortunately, whenever I try to set up GovConnect STP using the Reckon account that came with my subscription to Reckon Accounts Hosted, I get the following error message and can proceed no further: Sorry, that ABN has already been registered. If you have one, please try a different GST branch.

Please help me so that I can set up GovConnect STP using the Reckon account that came with my subscription to Reckon Accounts Hosted. I would like to keep everything centralised with this Reckon account.

Thank you for your help.

Tagged:

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @amater10

Have you sent any submissions to the ATO from your Payroll App account that you've been using so far?

What is the ABN that you've registered to the Payroll App and are now trying to register to GovConnect?

Also, you mentioned that you already had a subscription to Reckon Accounts Hosted, have you been using Hosted for payroll activities at all (using Hosted's in-built payroll functionality) at any stage?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• amater10

Hi Rav,

Have you sent any submissions to the ATO from your Payroll App account that you've been using so far?

Yes, STP data have been successfully submitted to the ATO using the Reckon Payroll App.

What is the ABN that you've registered to the Payroll App and are now trying to register to GovConnect?

I will disclose the ABN to you privately.

Also, you mentioned that you already had a subscription to Reckon Accounts Hosted, have you been using Hosted for payroll activities at all (using Hosted's in-built payroll functionality) at any stage?

No, I haven't used the payroll functionality in Reckon Accounts Hosed at all.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Thanks for getting back to me @amater10

Yes, STP data have been successfully submitted to the ATO using the Reckon Payroll App.

Ok, before we look at the GovConnect side of things, we'll need to take care of the submissions first. Specifically, the employee balances sent while using the Payroll App need to be brought back to zero. Since STP is reported on a YTD basis only once you start using Hosted & GovConnect for your submissions the balances for your employees will update based on the YTD balances you enter into Hosted and the subsequent submissions you send from there.

To do this in the Payroll App, check out the short clip attached below. You can access this feature by generating an EOFY finalisation and toggling the switch then sending this submission through to the ATO.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• amater10

Hi Rav,

I have successfully submitted a zeroed-out EOFY report to the ATO using the Reckon Payroll mobile app.

What do I do next? Thanks.

Happy Easter!

• Rav

Hi @amater10

Its been a while since this post was first created so let me just re-establish what we're trying to achieve so I can recommend the next steps.

You currently have an account with the Payroll App which you were using for submissions however you also have a separate account for GovConnect under your Hosted user name which you wish you use moving forward for your STP submissions in conjunction with Reckon Accounts Hosted.

Is that correct?

If so, then I'll need to look at transferring your existing STP entity from the current account its in (Payroll App) to GovConnect under the other account you have.

Before we do that though, I'll need you to provide the following -

A signed request by the authority of the business/ABN with brief reasons on why the changes are required such as transferring of the STP entity for the ABN etc. This doc can be attached and sent over to me in a Private Message from the Community account that you're using as it matches with the email address your account is under.

Let me know when you've sent that through and I'll start organising things on my end.

If I've got things wrong and something different is required let me know.

Thanks.