Quicken Cash Book V8

My computer that Quicken is installed on is beginning to give problems and I need to transfer it to my newer computer however I have misplaced the installation CD. I am very happy with this version, it meets all my needs and has all my records from the day I began using it which at times I find need to refer to, often wanting to know when I purchased some equipment.

My accountant has been urging me to upgrade but I am unsure what to upgrade to that would retain all the accumulated data.

What are your suggestions or recommendations?

Thank you.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @JohnDM

You may find you experience issues with the install and/or operation of such an older version of software on a newer operating system/PC so an upgrade may be worth considering.

Upgrading from such an older version is not exactly straightforward however as it'll require a stepped upgrade through a CashBook 2004 trial in order for your file to be upgraded sufficiently to upgrade to the current edition of Reckon Personal Home & Business 2022.

I'm going to link our installation & upgrade guide below which will give you more info on the upgrade process -

I'll also tag @GerryWinter here as he's an absolute guru on the Personal Range along with being a Reckon Accredited Partner.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• JohnDM
    JohnDM Member Posts: 3

Rav, thank you for your prompt reply.

I downloaded the CashBook 2004 trial version onto my Windows 10 computer but am unable to get the installation program to run.

Am I right in assuming there is a compatibility issue. I am reluctant to try it on my older Windows XP computer as it frequently shuts down and needs attention.

Thank You.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Am I right in assuming there is a compatibility issue.

Potentially it could be as that in itself is a pretty old software version.

Is there anything in particular occurring when you attempt the install? eg. are you running into an error message?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• JohnDM
    JohnDM Member Posts: 3

A message from User Account Control opens asking me to give permission to allow the App from an unknown publisher to make changes to my device. I click Yes, and then nothing happens. I turned off the UAC setting, but still nothing happened.