SPELL CHECK

Cathryn ARBON
Cathryn ARBON Member Posts: 13

Hi

For the past 4 updates the spell check has't worked.

I type up an Invoice and make spelling errors!

I click on the spelling tab and the program finds all my multiple errors!! (spelling is not my forte)

I choose the correct spelling for each work and click close.

A box comes up with "spell check is complete"

None of the words have been changed!!!

I have put up with it for such a long time and today I can't any more...

Can someone help?

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi Cathryn

What are your spell check settings currently set to? Screenshot example from my Hosted account below -

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Cathryn ARBON

Thanks for your quick reply.

I have just checked and my preferences are exactly the same as your screen shot.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

I've just done some testing to see if I can replicate what you're experiencing but it seems to be ok in my instance.

A quick screen recording is below (click on it for a larger view).

Are you choosing the 'Replace' option prior to closing the 'Spell Check' window?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Cathryn ARBON

Yes

Over the years I have tried all I could think of ...

• Cathryn ARBON

Hi

I have take a video but can not upload it.

Any suggestions?

• Rav

Hi Cathryn

Can you do me a favour and verify and rebuild your file 3x in succession and then after that confirm if the behaviour has resolved. I'll link some info below on how to perform each one -

• Cathryn ARBON

Hi Rav

Took a while but did the three Verify Data and Rebuild Data procedures.

There were no issues reported and sorry it didn't make any difference.

• Rav

Ok thanks for trying Cathryn. Ok at this stage, I think its best for you to get in touch with our technical support team so we have a technician take a closer look into this. They'll also be able to perform a remote support session to your file as well if required.

When you have a chance, can you please give the team a call on 1300 799 150

• KristE
    KristE Member Posts: 8

Hi Cathryn,

Did you ever get this fixed? We are having the same issue.

Kristy

• Cathryn ARBON

Hi Kristy

No sadly.... I'm time poor and haven't got the time it takes to talk and explain the problem to tech support.

I just live with it which is frustrating. I'm sorry to say this but I'm glad that someone else has the same problem because that means its a software problem not my computer problem which over the years has been the last resort answer when tech support can't fix an issue!

• Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Datarec_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 1,039 Reckon Staff

Hi @KristE

Are you experiencing the problem if choosing the "Replace All" instead of the "Replace" option?

• Cathryn ARBON

Thanks for the tip.

I will try tomorrow to see if it helps.

Thanks again

• Cathryn ARBON

Hi

I used the replace all button and it didn't correct the mistake.

I tried it the next day on a different invoice and it did correct the mistakes.

I use it all the time now and have about 10% success!

• Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Datarec_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 1,039 Reckon Staff

Hi @Cathryn ARBON

The problem you are experiencing whereby the spell check function is not consistently working is strange indeed.

You may need to try to find a commonality between those situations in which the function does work and when it does not.

If for example you deliberately mis-spell a word and try to save the transaction, allowing the spell check function to detect it, then use the Replace or Replace All button to try to get it resolved, is there perhaps an issue with shorter words vs longer words, with words that have mis-capitalisation, with words that have numbers and letters together, etc.

Also consider testing the spell check function on a totally different or new test data file on the same computer that you are using.

Also consider testing the spell check function on a totally different or new test data file on a different computer (if you have the software installed on multiple computers).

• Cathryn ARBON

I have tried it on two different computers and the results are the same!

Over the years that this has been going on I have tried to work out why it works and doesn't work.

So far the only consistency is it works sometimes and then doesn't!!

I type invoices all the time so I will try and remember to take notes.

Watch this space....