STP 2 & Reckon Payroll App

JulesBousattout
JulesBousattout Member Posts: 29
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

Hi Rav,

I just received my ATO client list and it advises me the l am not reporting STP 2 however l thought when l upgraded the old payroll app to the new one that this was compliant with STP 2. I have been separating the annual leave, sick leave etc what ever makes up the gross amount so thought l was already reporting this. Please advise.

Thanks Jules

Best Answer

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    Answer ✓

You'll find the version number that you're using in the 'Settings' section at the bottom (screenshot example below).

If you're not on v2.19.83 at the moment, head into your app store and you should see an update available for you to download in the same places as all your other app updates.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @JulesBousattout

I'm going to link some info below on STP Phase 2 and the Reckon Payroll App which I think you'll find useful to the situation you've raised.

You'll also find links to this announcement and other Reckon products as well in the important information alert toward the top of the site.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• JulesBousattout

Thanks Rav,

Yes l did read this already and realize there is a deferral in place but l wanted to know if the current updated app that l am using is STP 2 compliant? I was told by Reckon it was. Do l assume my ATO listing will show STP 2 reporting once deferral is finished? If the app is already compliant then it should be showing that l am reporting now.

Am confused by what l have been told by Reckon thats all.

Jules

• Rav

Ah right gotcha, sorry I see what you mean. The requirements around phase 2 and more specifically how to handle them for us as software providers has been a bit of an evolving thing over a little while now so its made things pretty complex on a number of fronts.

To answer your question though, there's a little bit of development work that our team are going through at the moment in order for the Payroll App and other Reckon products to fully dot the i's and cross the t's and get over the line. The deferral we have secured with the ATO to 1 January 2023 will ensure you are covered automatically throughout this year and we're going to have more info and announcements come through on this over the course of the next few months.

• JulesBousattout

Oh ok no worries, thanks Rav.

Will it involve reinstalling app again? Or will the current app work once you have sorted your bits and bobs out?

Thanks heaps

Jules

• Rav

We'll do everything on our end and the only thing you'll need to do from your side is grab the update to the app from your app store just like you do for any other app installed on your phone.

On that note, its a good idea to regularly ensure you're on the latest version of the Payroll App so if you haven't already grabbed the latest version just head into your app store to download any available updates. The current version is v2.19.83. If you've set your phone/app store to update your apps automatically then you may already be on the latest version but just thought I'd let you know 🙂

• JulesBousattout

Thanks Rav,

I use the basic free app. My phone is set to upgrade automatically but l can't say l have seen any payroll updates. Where do l find the version that l am using?

Jules

• JulesBousattout

Oh don't worry l just found it. I have the correct one, thanks.