Blank white screen, not responding

RobertJang
RobertJang Member Posts: 4
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

I tried to open the app on my iphone ( as usual , after entering password, the screen went all white and does not respond . Nothing brings up the app , have closed the app and tried again , just get a blank white screen

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @RobertJang

This post has been created in the Reckon One category, can I just confirm that's what you're actually using? Or are you using the Payroll App since you've mentioned iPhone app in your post.

If its the Payroll App, can you please ensure that you're running the latest version of the Payroll App, check your app store for any available updates and then try to open it again.

Let me know how you get on.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• RobertJang

Thank you. I am using the free app so It probably is Payroll

I went to App Store and hit the open button but it came up a blank white screen

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

It sounds like you already have the latest version installed.

Ok in that case, I'll need to ask a few questions to try and determine what's happened.

• Can I just confirm have you been able to successfully use the app previously OR is this the first time you're trying to do so?
    • Did you previously migrate from the (now retired) STP app?
    • Are you able to access any other areas of the app eg. Employees, Settings etc or is the full screen just blank white without any option to select other sections?
    • Did you add any new employees on your last use of the Payroll App before it started reverting to the blank white screen?
    • What the iPhone model (eg. iPhone 13 Pro Max) AND the version of iOS you're running on your phone.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• RobertJang

Yes, i used the app successfully in previous occasions

yes I migrated from the STP app

i cannot access anything , I just have a blank white screen

no, I have not add new employees

my phone is iPhone 11 Pro Max running iOS 15.3.1

• swakhlu01 .
    swakhlu01 . Member Posts: 482 Payroll App Expert Payroll App Expert

@RobertJang Whilst the Reckon Community support team is investigating your Payroll App experience with white screen, it might be worth attempting a login into the web payroll app to check if all the data is correct.

Reckon Payroll

• Rav

Hi @RobertJang

Can I just get you to test the app now and let me know if it works this time.

Cheers

• Rav

Hi @RobertJang

Just following up, if you're still encountering this issue it potentially could be related to FaceID settings and I'll outline the steps to follow below.

1. Open your iPhone Settings.
    2. Go to Face ID & Passcode and enter your passcode.
    3. Tap on Other Apps.
    4. You'll see a list of apps that are using FaceID and the Payroll App should listed here as well. Toggle the switch to enable FaceID unlock. The toggle should be green.
    5. Open the Payroll App and login.

Let me know how you get on.

• RobertJang

Thank you for your attention

I have noted your comments re Face id on my iphone . I realised it had been disabled by Apple as my phone 11 was bent! I have now replaced the iphone with iphone 13 , the face id is on and now the Reckon app works as it should . Problem solved!!!