**RESOLVED** Payroll App - Performance issues (28 March)

Rav
Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

Hi everyone

We're investigating reports of performance issues affecting the Reckon Payroll App throughout the course of the day.

Our devs have been working on this and had released some work earlier this afternoon to the app service which we hoped would have stabilised the services however we're still seeing reports from users of inconsistent access.

We're continuing to investigate this and sincerely apologise for the inconvenience its caused so far.

Further updates to follow.

** CLICK HERE TO JUMP TO LATEST UPDATE **

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

Comments

• TAPS
    TAPS Member Posts: 13

Hi,

I am having the same issue with my Reckon STP Payroll App this morning . I would also like to know if there is a current issue slowing it down??

• ARbookkeeper
    ARbookkeeper Member Posts: 3

Hi Rav

My Reckon Payroll App is running so slow that it keeps timing out! As per the above users when I do get through I then select create payroll and it crashes or says I have no employees. I have tried loggin out and in again and considered deleting and reinstalling the app but it said this would remove my data. I need to run the pays by 5pm, please help.

Dianne

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

@ARbookkeeper

Thanks for raising this and really sorry for the inconvenience its caused you today. Our devs are still doing a bit of work on this behind the scenes for us at the moment and are pushing through another fix in the next few minutes which should help on the Payroll App side of things a bit more. Its getting deployed now so will take a little bit of time to take effect.

Give it another go in about 20-30 minutes and let me know how you get on.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• mimsptyltd
    mimsptyltd Member Posts: 3

Hey Rav,

As per the other uses my Payroll App is and has not been working all today. I’ve also tried loggin out and in again all day , but still not working.

Nicole

• Rav

@mimsptyltd

Hey there Nicole, we've got some work done by our devs that is just in the process of going out to the app service at the moment. It should help in getting your Payroll App performance back on track and should hopefully take effect in about 20 minutes.

If you can try again after that and let me know if its better or still not quite right that'd be great.

• julie_10861298
    julie_10861298 Member Posts: 25

I keep receiving the message 'Error loading Payruns - We were unable to load Payruns. Try again.

What should I do?

• Col_10863264
    Col_10863264 Member Posts: 6

I have the same problem, slow or no loading of employees data, payruns etc.

• phehping
    phehping Member Posts: 2

I faced the same problem too. It does not help even after signing out the app and reopen it.

• ARbookkeeper

Still no luck, I have had to calculate payroll manually and will load in Reckon App another day. Dianne

• Rav

Hi guys,

Can I just confirm that you're both on the latest version of the Payroll App v2.19.83?

We've been having some on and off hiccups today with performance and our Devs have pushed out some work which should have helped with it but can I just get you both to close the app in full ie. Swipe it away from any other currently running apps on your phone and then retry?

• mimsptyltd

App still not responding, will try again later.

Nicole

• Rav

@TAPS @mimsptyltd @ARbookkeeper @Col

Hi guys,

I've moved your posts over to this new thread in relation to the performance issues with the Payroll App just so everyone is in the one place and can see updates etc as they come.

I've been in conversation with our devs about this as it obviously looks as though the earlier deployment hasn't quite done the trick.

They're re-examining what is going on and continuing work at the moment.

I'll let you know as soon as I get more info.

Apologies again for the hassle.

• TAPS

Thankyou for looking into this. Much appreciated.

• Joel_10863270
    Joel_10863270 Member Posts: 0

There is still problems loading things

• Rav

Hey Joel,

I've moved your post over to this main thread. Really sorry about the trouble its causing you at the moment. We've got the guys and girls looking into this again as we speak.

• phehping
    phehping Member Posts: 2

HI Rav,

I have the latest version. I have also closed the app in full and retry- still having same problem, i.e. error loading pay runs.

• ARbookkeeper

Confirming I am on Payroll App v2.19.83 which I think upgraded just the other day, things were working prior to that. Dianne

• Rav

@phehping @ARbookkeeper

Thanks guys. From the investigations that are currently happening the issues are originating from the backend rather than the app version so at least that box is ticked off so to speak.

The devs are trying out a few things right now so hopefully we should see some stability start to come through to your services soon.

• DwayneBrown
    DwayneBrown Member Posts: 13

Cheers Rav 👍🏻

Thought it was just me

• Rav

Hi folks.

We're not out of the woods just yet on this unfortunately but I've been doing a bit of testing on my own account and I can see that performance is picking up a bit. It's still fairly slow but errors look to have minimised during my navigation.

Would be keen to get your experience though if you can.

Cheers

• TAPS

Hi Rav.

I have seen some improvement but not much. I can now get into my list of Pay Runs, but nothing else seems to be working yet. I also hit New Pay Run and it went to the page where you create the Pay Run, but that could be random, as I tried Employees earlier and it took me to the first one, I could see all their details, but when I tried our second employee it took a while and took me to a blank page. Tried again with the first employee and again took a while, and then just a blank page. I was randomly able to creat a Pay Run earlier today, and when I tried to mark it as paid, it kept timing out. Now that I can see the Pay Runs list, todays Pay Run is now showing as paid.

In general, very little improvement.

• TLee
    TLee Member Posts: 59 ✭✭

Geez, I’ve been trying to load up my pay figures since 10am this morning, it’s now 9.15pm and still no success, so looks like I’ll have to be late in reporting. Hopefully up and running again tomorrow morning.🤞🏼

• TAPS

Hi Rav. Success at last! 🙂🙂 I've just successfully submitted my Pay Run from yesterday without any trouble. Everything looks to be working okay again. Thank you 🙂

• Hunter Lin
    Hunter Lin Member Posts: 6

Hi Rav, have just done the submission successfully. However, the responding time is still slow and the error messages came out few times during the process. Thank you for fixing the issue overnight.

• TLee

I’m still not having any success. It just continues to spiral unable to load until it’s timed out with this error. How have others got it working? I’ve totally swiped close my App and started afresh. Thanks for assistance.

• disackson
    disackson Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2022

Hi,

Yesterday when trying to use the Reckon app, it was painfully slow. Half the time it failed with JSON format errors. I left it until this morning hoping it would get better but it worse. It takes at least a minute to save save anything and most of the time it fails. I'm getting 502 Gateway errors and "Failed to update earning item. Please check if this item already exists". The item does not exist when I check it. I tried to close the app and even reboot but the issue remains. Currently the app is unuseable.

thanks

Dave

• Rav
    edited March 2022

Morning everyone.

We're continuing to monitor the service at the moment but I'd be keen to hear how everyone is going with it today.

@TAPS @Hunter Lin glad to hear you were able to get your submissions through and thanks for letting me know 🙂

@TLee thanks for your report. Can I get you to do me a favour and logout of your app account entirely (use the logout option) and then close the app again in full. Once that is done log back in and confirm if your screens are populating correctly.

@disackson Hi Dave, really sorry about that experience. Can I get you to shoot me a screenshot of the error messages you're currently receiving when trying to load the app and/or create a pay run.

• TLee

@Rav I just signed out of the App and closed it. I then signed back in and it’s exactly the same. Spirals for a minute and then shows error.😒

• TLee

I’ll have to revisit it and try again in couple hours. Busy setting up shop ready for trade now. It’s taken a lot of my time yesterday continually trying to get it to work. 24hours and more now is a long time for an outage!

• disackson
    disackson Member Posts: 3

Amongst several other errors. This is one when I try to save...

• cheznuts
    cheznuts Member Posts: 11
    edited March 2022

9:20 am Tues 29/3 and the app is still not working,

9:30 am Logged out and went back. Working but really slowly - took over 5 minutes to lodge one employee.

• TAPS

Just did a check of my app again after having successfully submitted a Pay Run this morning.

If I try to get in to see the details of a particular Pay Run my app spirals for a while and then the message " Failed to load pay run. Please try again.

Everything else still looks to be fine although still a bit slow.

• DJHarper
    DJHarper Member Posts: 6

Still unable to process my pay run. Same fault for all of 28 March 2022 and up to 9:45AM 29 March 2022. Same error "Error loading Payruns - We were unable to load Payruns. Try again"

• Rav
    edited March 2022

Hi all,

Here's a quick summation of where we're currently at just as an update.

Our devs have been investigating and working through this, they put through a fix to the service last night in an effort to give Payroll App services some stability however it obviously hasn't done the job unfortunately. We're continuing to see reports come through of performance issues and various error messages on the back of that instability. Our monitoring systems are also picking up alerts of irregular performance.

This has the full attention of our dev team and they're continuing work on identifying the root cause of the problem. I'll certainly provide more updates here as soon as I get them from the teams.

I'm really sorry for the inconvenience this is causing everyone at the moment. I know its a frustrating one to contend with and we're working toward getting your Payroll App services back to normal as quick as we can.

Thanks again for your patience everyone.

• robynwebster87
    robynwebster87 Member Posts: 3

Hi Rav,

App was not working all day yesterday and today. It’s very slow and won’t load pay runs. I have logged out in settings and swiped it away from other apps. Still the error occurs.

Robyn

• mimsptyltd

Hi Rav,

tried again today to load yesterday’s pay run and app is still not loading.

Nicole

• Leah
    Leah Member Posts: 1

I am having the same problem. I tried yesterday and now again. Nothing has improved. I get to the create payroll and it then

• TLee

@Rav I hope this is not a security issue?

Id like some reassurance of this and also that the ATO is informed of the Reckon Payroll down time so that we are not penalised for delayed reporting.

Thanks for your response.

• Rav

Hi all,

Just as a further update, the root cause of the issue has been identified and our devs are going through testing of a fix right now. The initial test results look promising but I won't get too far ahead of things just yet. Once testing has been completed it will then move to deployment pending the results. Either way I'll let you know the outcome and how things are progressing.

@TLee the issue is a technical one originating in the infrastructure of the service and is in no way, shape or form a security issue to you or your data in the Payroll App service.

• Eric Murphy
    Eric Murphy Member Posts: 214 ✭✭✭

Good work Rav & team for staying on this and keeping everyone updated.