reckon mate does not start up

faigey
faigey Member Posts: 37

As an employer I am trying to invite an employee to reckon mate via Reckon One Touch Pay. I press the send email invoice button, a pop up says “Email invite has been sent” . The employee does receive an email. (1) But when the employee responds with their own email and password - it always states " oh oh there is an error" . (2) I understood the employee should get a user name and password in order to start up reckon mate - but no such response is received by them. (3) Also at my end ie Reckon One Touch Pay the employee record still shows as “Not invited”.

I am on a basic plan, not Premium. Is Reckon Mate available on this basic plan?

faigey

😂

Tagged:

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @faigey

Just checking, are you attempting to send the Reckon Mate invite to an employee/email address that is different to the email address that your Reckon Payroll App account is registered under? Or are they completely separate/different email addresses?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• faigey

Hi Rav,

The email addresses are exactly the same.

Just to clarify - The business which uses the Reckon Payroll App has a director who is the same individual as the employee.

So the business email address is the same email address of the employee and the same email address for logging into Reckon Payroll App.

The reason it was decided to initiate Reckon Mate is that the basic platform of Reckon Payroll App does not appear to facilitate printing out pay run details. It was then decided to initiate Reckon Mate on the assumption that using it would indeed allow printing out pay run details.

Please get back to me if you require any further clarification.

Regards faigey

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited April 2022

The email addresses are exactly the same.. <snip>

So the business email address is the same email address of the employee and the same email address for logging into Reckon Payroll App.

That is the cause of the trouble you're currently experiencing.

For context, when you send a Reckon Mate invite out it essentially means the employee/invitee needs to create an account on the Reckon Mate app.

However in this case, Reckon Mate can't create an account because the email address you're inviting has already been taken and in-use under the Payroll App.

If you change the email address for this specific employee in the Payroll App (in the 'Employees' section) then send the invite out it should work without a problem.

The reason it was decided to initiate Reckon Mate is that the basic platform of Reckon Payroll App does not appear to facilitate printing out pay run details.

Just on the point above, Reckon Mate will provide the ability to view and download PDF copies of the payslips created for the respective employee. There is no print function within the Reckon Mate mobile app.

As an alternative, you might want to look at accessing the Payroll App account on the web. You can do that by heading to https://payroll.reckon.com/ and signing in with your existing Payroll App login credentials, doing so will give you access to you access to your account via your internet browser on your PC and while its not built for printing you may be able to use your browser's print functions to print what you need (you'll need to test this).

You've mentioned that you're on the Free Basic plan so you'll have read-only access when logging into your Payroll App account on the web.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• faigey

Hi Rav

Thank you for this information.

Everything works now.

Much appreciated.

Kind regards

faigey😀