RA2022 Premier. Item List Verify Errors

Steve Cook
Steve Cook Member Posts: 150 ✭✭

I am getting verify errors in the item list. Rebuild says fixed, but verify error returns.

QBWin.log shows these entries :

EDLIST.C (8984) : MESSAGE: Fri Apr 22 08:54:35 LVL_ERROR--Error: Verify Item List Item 48418: View out of sequence.

EDLIST.C (9060) : MESSAGE: Fri Apr 22 08:54:35 LVL_ERROR--Error: Verify Item List Item 48418: Parent's (30307) view 4 does not match item's view 2.

EDLIST.C (9060) : MESSAGE: Fri Apr 22 08:54:35 LVL_ERROR--Error: Verify Item List Item 48411: Parent's (30307) view 4 does not match item's view 2.

EDLIST.C (9060) : MESSAGE: Fri Apr 22 08:54:35 LVL_ERROR--Error: Verify Item List Item 48416: Parent's (30307) view 4 does not match item's view 2.

Item List is large approx 13,000 items

Searching the item list for "Parent's" show no results. How can I use the log entries to identify the offending items ? IE what do the numbers "8984, 9060, 48418, 48411, 48416" refer to ?

Best Answers

• Omar_ReckonLtd
    Omar_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 81 Reckon Staff
    Answer ✓

Hi @Steve Cook in the example you have provided:

Verify Item List Item 48418: View out of sequence.

That number 48418 is the REFNUM value.

If you open your QBW data file in Reckon Accounts, then export the ITEM LIST to an IIF format, you can open that IIF file in Excel and view it.

Check the REFNUM column to identify the specific items that are mentioned in the error.

View out of sequence typically indicates that the PARENT of a CHILD item are not of the same type.

Verify Item List Item 48418: Parent's (30307) view 4 does not match item's view 2.

The item with REFNUM = 48414 is a CHILD item and has a VIEW = 2

The item with REFNUM = 30307 is a PARENT item and has a VIEW = 4

Example:

Widget:Sub-Widget

The PARENT item called "Widget" has a CHILD item called "Sub-Widget"

Both the PARENT and CHILD need to be of the same TYPE, such as "SERV" (Service items).

It is likely that the IIF file you are importing has items setup with the same name but of different TYPE compared to those already present in the company data file.

• Steve Cook
    Answer ✓

Thankyou, all sorted 😀

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Tagging my buddy @ReckonDataRecovery to see if he can share any insight here.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Steve Cook

Additional Info : The Item List is updated by importing a IIF file. Has worked fine for years. I have searched through the IIF file, cannot see any issues. But as I said previously, IIF file is very large....

Probably something like a syntax error in the IIF file ... Just need to find it ....