Reckon 2019 not working

MikeSaunders
MikeSaunders Member Posts: 8
edited April 2022 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)

Hi

I cannot open my reckon programme.

Who can I talk with to get help?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @MikeSaunders

What is happening specifically when you attempt to open your software? Are you encountering an error message? If so, can you let us know what it is and/or screenshots etc.

Cheers

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• MikeSaunders

Hi Rav there is nothing to screen shot. When try to open the programme nothing happens. It is just blank

• MikeSaunders

I think my account number is S3X4MCXV NYZR if this is any help?

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

Have you tried running as administrator from the shortcut?

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Open the Task Manager and check if there are any Reckon Accounts processes currently running in the background. If there are, stop them by selecting it then choose 'End Task'.

Also, as Kris has mentioned try the Run as Admin option and check if the software opens normally after that.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• MikeSaunders

Hi tried both those and found under the admin my software has expired and give a number to ring 0800 933 606.

They asked for my number. Below the phone number was a button to push to get my number but this would not work.

The Australian call centre put me through to NZ support team to renew my account but they said there is another issue and renewing the account will not solve the problem of not opening and I was advised to come back to you.

Where to from here?

Hope you can help

• Rav

Hi Mike,

I'd suggest that you perform a clean uninstall then clean install of your software just so you ensure there isn't anything on the Reckon software end of things that is causing this.

I'm going to link a step by step guide below which will walk you through this -

• MikeSaunders

Will try, to reinstall to I need something physical like a disc

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

If you logon to the members portal, using your customer number and pin, you should be able to download your version and license key to enable you to reinstall. Although you said something about it being expired so not sure, have a look on the portal before you uninstall anything

• MikeSaunders

Hi Kris where can I find my customer number and pin as I don't have these?

I do have an old wone which was my e-mail address but this doesn't work.

• Rav

@MikeSaunders

Your Customer ID will usually be on documentation sent to you by us eg. invoice, renewal notice etc etc.

Your PIN however is not something we'll list on any documentation and will be something set by you usually when the account was first created. If you're not sure of the details, our Customer Service team can advise you of it after passing a quick security check.

• MikeSaunders

Hi Rav

How do I do the security check, is there a number I can call?

• Rav

Yes there is, the Customer Service team is available on 0800 447 292

• MikeSaunders

Hi Rav

So far have now got the account number and pin and have ordered an upgrade which I paid for.

Once this arrives will have it reinstalled and hopefully won't lose any of the 12 years of records I have on the programme and be able to open it.

Thank for your patience

• Kris_Williams

You won’t lose any information so long as you have the data file (qbw) and or the backup (qbb)