Gross wages and PAYG incorrect in employees mygov account

CarolD_10863204
CarolD_10863204 Member Posts: 15

Hi, I have an ex employee who finished earlier this year. There were several issues with her pays throughout the year and I had to correct them in a convoluted way as she had overpaid herself and as Reckon will not let a negative PAYG paycheque be processed, I had to edit the actual pays done. Anyway, long story short, Reckon is now showing her annual gross and PAYG correctly. The last STP submission I did with the final adjustment, showed her YTD figures were correct with the ATO - but the amounts showing up in her mygov are the pre adjustment amounts. The submissions were submitted as replacement events and recorded as successful.

I'm not sure what else I can do - any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Will EOY finalisation perhaps correct this? I'm not a seasoned Reckon user, so not sure how it it all works.

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

Have you done a year end finalisation? You should be able to see the details of it before you submit

• CarolD_10863204
    edited May 2022

Hi Kris, I wasn't sure if I could do part of the process without it committing fully. I can see the payment summary is correct in Reckon and it agrees with the last submitted STP for this employee. I also wondered if you can finalise an employee before the EOY - she's definitely not coming back.

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

as you are referring to this current financial year and the figures are now correct I believe the year end finalisation will correct it all. I'm sure you can upload the finalisation and click on details to check the figures but not submit.

• CarolD_10863204

I thought it might just jolt the ATO end into having the right numbers, it's not something I'd normally consider but then Reckon does a lot of things I don't consider normal ...

• CarolD_10863204

It concerns me that the submissions done with the adjustments/corrections haven't corrected the ATO end. I think I'll call the ATO and see what they have to say.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @CarolD

Sorry I just replied to a separate thread you created prior to seeing this one however just to reiterate what Kris has mentioned above,

If the employee's balances in your Reckon software are correct then when you send through an EOFY finalisation for this employee it will overwrite any and all previous balances that the ATO currently hold for the employee for the respective financial year.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• CarolD_10863204

Thanks Rav - I can't work out why the last STP submission I made with this employee hasn't updated her income and tax at the ATO end. When I look at the details of that STP report the figures are correct - but apparently they haven't flowed through to the employees personal mygov figures.