Backup and Duplicate Entries Error Message

Steve B
Steve B Member Posts: 50

I did my latest backup on my Reckon Accounts Hosted Australia file and it told me that I had to rebuild my data file. So I did and then it told me that I had duplicates and that the log file was at C:\users\...\...\...\qbwin.log

As this all done online at the Reckon Servers I don't have access to that file. So how do I get to see what the duplicates are to remove them and then be able to rebuild my data properly?

Also what happened to the Reckon WebForm where you could enter your support request and then have a Reckon Technical Support Technician reply or call and help. That was such a great feature instead of having to wait on hold for up to an hour for help?

Answers

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

I thought the qbwin.log file was in one of the folders you do have access to. The only other way is to download the desktop version of Enterprise, which you are entitled to do, restore the file and do the rebuild then.

• Steve B

There is a file qbwin.log, however, it doesn't show the duplicates it only shows the actual configuration of the errors it found.

Gee that sounds like a very log process.

I will see if that works.

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

I usually delete that file before I rebuild so that I only have to search through the current results as I’m pretty certain the file grows after each rebuild

• Steve B

I cannot seem to download Reckon Accounts Enterprise. It keeps asking me to buy the product?

• Kris_Williams

You have to download it from the Reckon members site using your customer number and pin, but if it’s not there you will have to ring them and organise the links to be put in.