ATO pay event not showing in STP

Tyron_Haddock_10863596
Tyron_Haddock_10863596 Member Posts: 15
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

HELP Please.

Our accountant has sent me a .csv file uploaded from the ATO showing a pay run dated 26Jun2021. The ABN is ours and the submission ID was verified with the ATO yesterday. HOWEVER this pay run does not appear our end and I have zero recollection of entering this pay run which is even more absurd. I have to adjust (delete) this pay run before the accountant finalises our tax for the FY 20-21. Any help or insight is appreciated before I make phone calls to Reckon for assistance. How could this happen and who can I ring? FYI the ATO referred me straight back to Reckon.

tia

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited May 2022

Hi @Tyron_Haddock

Tap on the STP tab in the pay run screen when you're in the Payroll App and check whether that submission shows there. (example screenshot below)

Also, did you previously migrate your data from the STP app to the Payroll App and if so, did that occur before or after the date of this submission?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Tyron_Haddock_10863596

Hi Rav

Thank you for responding.

The pay run in question that the ATO has is dated 26Jun21- see screenshot attached ($20k submission). This is what needs to be deleted as it has gone through twice apparently.

Below screenshot of our STP submissions. As you can see there is a gap between Sep & May 2021- NOTE: this screen grab was from my device. I can see all the pay runs we have done on the laptop from the Reckon payroll website when I log in - but I can’t see the one for $20k.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited May 2022

NOTE: this screen grab was from my device. I can see all the pay runs we have done on the laptop from the Reckon payroll website when I log in - but I can’t see the one for $20k.

Sorry just to clarify the quoted part above, do you mean you CAN see the submission in question when you login to your Payroll App account via web access here https://payroll.reckon.com/ or is it not showing there either?

Sorry I might be interpreting that incorrectly so just want to clarify.

Can I grab the ABN that you're using on your Payroll App account and also the make & model of your device. If needed I may need to raise this with our devs just to get some further insight.

Also, can I just get you to ensure you're on the latest version of the Payroll App, currently v2.22.16

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Tyron_Haddock_10863596

Hi Rav,

1. I can’t see the $20k submission via the payroll website either.
    2. The ABN is 51 038 079 590

Thank you.

Also I received a call from someone at Reckon right now - they have put me on hold.

• Tyron_Haddock_10863596

Hi Rav

Sorry I didn’t reply to all of your questions-

The device is a Samsung S8 and yes the version is 2.22.16.

• Rav

No worries, thanks for that. Let me know the outcome of the call you received earlier in case the team are raising an escalation or I'll get the details over to the devs.

• Tyron_Haddock_10863596

Hi Rav

Someone from Reckon called me & proceeded to put me thru to someone else - he couldn’t help because my question was about the Payroll App. The person he put me through to could not /would not help me because we have a “Basic” plan with Reckon. I get it no pay = no help. She told me I could only get help from this online forum. In the meantime I have upgraded to a “Premium” plan because I need ALL the help I can get. The plan was upgraded via the mobile app. Either there is a huge bug in the Reckon payroll app or it is not in synergy with a Samsung device because in spite of upgrading - the plan is still showing as “Basic”. Something is very very wrong here. I’d be keen to know what exactly is going on.

• Rav

Ok, sorry to hear you got the runaround there, certainly not the ideal experience.

Let me take over here and get this all put together into a case so that my devs can do a bit of investigation. I've sent this over to them now and I'll need to wait to hear back from them.

Just a couple of other questions though, do you recall if you made any changes/edits to your employee's initial Year to Date balances at any stage around then? The initial Year to Date balances are found in each respective employee's profile.

Secondly, did you migrate from the old STP app to the Payroll App around the time of this particular submission?

Either there is a huge bug in the Reckon payroll app or it is not in synergy with a Samsung device because in spite of upgrading - the plan is still showing as “Basic”. Something is very very wrong here. I’d be keen to know what exactly is going on.

Just in regard to this part above, at times there can be delays with syncing between app store purchases so I'd recommend hitting the 'Restore Purchases' button in the Settings section of the app (screenshot below). That should sync the upgrade you made via Google Play to your app account.

• Tyron_Haddock_10863596

Thanks Rav. It has been frustrating but hopefully we will get there. Unless someone is logging on & submitting a pay run for us from a different device that is not syncing to our account - the whole thing is very bizarre.

In response to your queries about the Payroll Submissions- these were done from the Samsung device and whilst we did migrate to the new Payroll App I cannot be sure if it was around this time.

As far as the upgrade to the Premium Plan goes - yes I will wait for a bit. I will double check on this because I put through an upgrade yesterday & one this morning- neither synced. I will look into it again but the priority now is the STP query. I am not at work today so I don’t have access to the Samsung device to t “restore purchases”.

• Rav

Alright, thanks for that.

Unless someone is logging on & submitting a pay run for us from a different device that is not syncing to our account - the whole thing is very bizarre.

Anyone logging into your account from another device would trigger an Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) challenge which would require them having access to the phone which receives your MFA codes.

But yes the fact that those STP submissions are not appearing is very odd and that's something I'll need my devs to give me some more info on. Leave that part with me for a bit.

I have had another thought though and that is for you to check the Pay Summary balances for each employee for the 2020/21 financial year. You'll find this in the employee profile for each respective employee. (Screenshot example below). I just want to check off whether or not the balances that appear there for each employee is accurate OR do one/multiple employees show an addition of the $20,000 somewhere in their earnings which we're trying to track down at the moment?

If so, then that makes it easier to fix in the sense that you'll just need to edit the Year to Date balances but before we get to that, let me know if it looks ok or not.

• Tyron_Haddock_10863596

Yes you’re right about the MFA, so that definitely isn’t the case.

Re the EOFY balance- yes that was the first place I looked because I did think that perhaps the Payroll submission could have been entered for the incorrect employee. This is not the case - proof below.

• Tyron_Haddock_10863596

I queried (with the ATO) on the viability of the software that the ATO uses and was advised by them that their (ATO) software is receptive only. That rules out data manipulation their end. Hopefully your developers can work with the submission ID on the .csv file from the ATO & perhaps look at our unique software ID and draw a conclusion.

Thank you so much for your help thus far and I am looking forward to resolving this soon. I will be back in the “office” tomorrow after 10am AWST but I can access the Reckon Comm support for your communications.

kind Regards

• Tyron_Haddock_10863596

Hi Rav

keen to know if you have found out what’s going on or if your devs have some idea as to what went wrong?

on a side note- I have twice upgraded to a premium account & entered credit card details - yet our plan is still basic & the restore purchases function is still showing that there are no transactions. I am extremely concerned as to where our credit card details are going and why the system is not in sync. Please note that this was done via the app on the Samsung device.

• Tyron_Haddock_10863596

*Let me take over here and get this all put together into a case so that my devs can do a bit of investigation. I've sent this over to them now and I'll need to wait to hear back from them.*

Can I please ask for an update? I realise it’s only been 4 days, but a hint of what’s going on will help!

• Rav

Hi @Tyron_Haddock

Apologies, I was out of the office for a few days last week so just saw your follow up posts now.

Here's where we're at so far just so you're updated; I sent this over to our mobile devs last week and they've brought in our GovConnect team to work alongside them to take a look into this on Friday. (Just as an FYI, GovConnect is our STP gateway service that the Payroll App and other Reckon software utilise for STP transmissions.)

Its a bit out of my hands at the stage its currently in as I'll need their investigation to be carried out to determine what the cause of this is but they'll let me know and as soon as I have that info, I'll get back to you with the info.

Your upgrade to the Premium plan not working out is another thing though. Are you able to see a transaction being billed to your credit card for the plan upgrade? ie. did the transaction actually go through?

Does your Google Play account show the transaction listed in the 'Payments and Subscriptions' within Google Play?

• Rav

Hi again @Tyron_Haddock

The guys have just got back to me and have found the cause of this situation.

They've confirmed that you successfully migrated from the old STP app to the Payroll App on June 3 2021.

However it looks as though you've gone back to the STP app and created additional submissions from that app after migration which is why they aren't appearing in your Payroll App account now but are on the ATO end.

As part of the migration your STP app data at that point (June 3) was transferred over to the Payroll App and from then the Payroll App should be used exclusively from that point on. Anything entered into the old STP app post migration does not go over the Payroll App.

From here, my suggestion/recommendation would be to ensure that the 2020/21 EOFY balances for all employees in your Payroll App account are correct and then send through the 2020/21 finalisation. Doing so will overwrite any and all previous balances that the ATO currently have for that respective financial year up to this point.

• Tyron_Haddock_10863596

Hi Rav,

This could possibly explain the gap in pay submissions our end- as per your findings & information below:

“However it looks as though you've gone back to the STP app and created additional submissions from that app after migration which is why they aren't appearing in your Payroll App account now but are on the ATO end.”

MY QUESTION to the above:-

1. Is this also the reason I can’t see the submission via the Payroll web on my laptop?
    2. Did your devs see the submissions that were missing & could they see the $20k payroll submission?
    3. Assuming they did see this $20k submission that was done in the old STP app, can I please have a screenshot of it?
    4. Lastly & most importantly how can I do an adjustment on that $20k? I need to negate that value as according to the ATO it has gone through twice!

“From here, my suggestion/recommendation would be to ensure that the 2020/21 EOFYbalances for all employees in your Payroll App account are correct and then send through the 2020/21 finalisation. Doing so will overwrite any and all previous balances that the ATO currently have for that respective financial year up to this point.”

Apologies but the balances in the Payroll App will not be correct because of your explanation as to why the error happened.

If I can’t see the error in the Payroll App, how can I fix it?

I am away for a few hours at a funeral this morning but will attend to the matter later.

Kind Regards

• Rav
    edited May 2022

Is this also the reason I can’t see the submission via the Payroll web on my laptop?

Yes. Payroll App web access will only show data that exists in your Payroll App account. Any data/submissions sent from outside of the Payroll App post migration (ie. the old STP app when it was still available) does not exist in your Payroll App account and therefore will not show.

Did your devs see the submissions that were missing & could they see the $20k payroll submission?

Assuming they did see this $20k submission that was done in the old STP app, can I please have a screenshot of it?

They confirmed that submissions were sent in the old STP app after you migrated your data over to the Payroll App which is why those submissions were received by the ATO but weren't migrated to your Payroll App account. Migration only occurs once and anything sent outside of the Payroll App account will not be reflected within the app.

Lastly & most importantly how can I do an adjustment on that $20k? I need to negate that value as according to the ATO it has gone through twice!

The first thing you need to do is determine whether or not the employee balances that appear in the 2020/21 EOFY finalisation in the Payroll App CURRENTLY are correct and reflect what they should for each employee or not.

If they are not correct, then you'll need to make the necessary adjustments to bring the balances in the app to reflect what they should be in reality. When that is done, open a NEW EOFY finalisation and the balances you see in the app should be accurate/correct which will allow you to send it through and therefore overwrite any previous balances that the ATO currently hold for the respective financial year.

There is more info and details on how to make adjustments/corrections to employee year to date balances in the Payroll App in our guide linked below -

• Rav
    edited May 2022

Hi @Tyron_Haddock

Just a little more on this, my devs have let me know they've managed to copy across the STP submission data that were sent in the old STP app post-migration over to your Payroll App account. You'll see this in the 'STP' tab in your Payroll App.

Cheers

• Tyron_Haddock_10863596

Hi Rav

Apologies for the delay in responding.

I will have a look & hopefully we can reverse the entry!!

Cheers for all your assistance with this. I will give you an update & fingers crossed we can close the issue.

kind Regards

• Tyron_Haddock_10863596

Update:

Thank you. Yes, I can see the $20k submission! Appears to have been put thru on the 29th June with a pay date of 26June. This is what the ATO has. The system will not let me do an adjustment however. I’m assuming that it’s because of it being in the previous financial year... That said I’m on an Apple mobile device. I will log into the Reckon payroll website and see if I can work from there. Much Much Appreciated.

🙏

• Rav

Good to hear. At this point I think you're at the stage of finalisation now.

If you take a look at the info from my last paragraph here and also the guides I attached it should get you headed in the right direction to close this off.

Let me know if you have any questions though.

• Tyron_Haddock_10863596

Hi Rav

Thank you and yes I have read the information.

The problem is I need to do an adjustment on the payroll submission of $20k.

Initially, I couldn’t see the Payroll Submission of $20,000.00- therefore, I couldn’t adjust.

Now I can see the Payroll Submission of $20,000 & I must adjust this to a negative I.E. - *$ -20,000.00.* In other words I must cancel or void this submission. This is because there was a software glitch apparently with Reckon (according to the ATO) and the $20,000 submission was duplicated. Therefore the ATO shows two lots of $20k but we couldn’t even see One submission of $20k!. As the problem our end is somewhat solved, I must now redact the initial submission of $20,000.

Is there any chance your developers are able to see if there was a double up on the ATO side?? As in was there a glitch in the system when we used the old app for the submission?

• Rav

I'm very surprised to hear that this is being pinned down to an issue with the software. The old STP app (where this submission was sent from) was essentially a form based tool where any balance could be input and then that was sent through as an STP submission. It did not perform calculations or anything of that nature.

Is there any chance your developers are able to see if there was a double up on the ATO side?

No, we cannot access or view any data on the ATO side.

The problem is I need to do an adjustment on the payroll submission of $20k.

Initially, I couldn’t see the Payroll Submission of $20,000.00- therefore, I couldn’t adjust.

Now I can see the Payroll Submission of $20,000 & I must adjust this to a negative I.E. - *$ -20,000.00.* In other words I must cancel or void this submission.

Before going down this route and making changes/adjustments etc, I just want you to confirm something for me.

Open a NEW 2020/21 End of Financial Year finalisation submission in your Payroll App account. You'll be presented with all employees that were paid at any point in that year along with their total balances. Review them all and confirm whether or not the total balances you see here are correct and reflect what it should be in reality for each employee.

I can't stress that above point enough.

If they are CORRECT then you can send this EOFY submission through. It will overwrite any and all previous balances that the ATO currently hold for the respective financial year INCLUDING that erroneous $20,000 submission.

However if the total balances you see in the 2020/21 EOFY submission in the Payroll App are NOT correct ie. out of balance by $20,000 etc then we'll start looking at how you can adjust it. But before going down all of that, I'd highly recommend that you first review the balances in the 2020/21 EOFY finalisation in your Payroll App account.

• Tyron_Haddock_10863596

“This is because there was a software glitch apparently with Reckon (according to the ATO) and the $20,000 submission was duplicated.”

This must have happened during the issues Reckon had around the time of the migration from STP to the Payroll App..

I have just seen/read the updates about the issues and the timing of these issues in in sync with what happened with our payroll submission!

Perhaps your developers can see the double entry??

• Rav

I think we might have responded to each other at the same time so not sure if you saw it. Check out my latest reply just above the one you sent through.