Retaining data if business decides to move to different accounting package

CarolD_10863204
CarolD_10863204 Member Posts: 15

The board of my employer is currently discussing different accounting package options. If they choose to switch providers, is it possible to access the Reckon Hosted data if that happens once a subscription is lapsed?

Comments

• Bruce
    Bruce Member Posts: 439 Professional Partner Professional Partner

Hosted gives you access to Desktop Enterprise version. You can download your data file into this and have read only access

• Charley
    Charley Member Posts: 541 ✭✭✭

Your Board is nuts; convince them otherwise

• Luke
    Luke Moderator, Reckon Staff Posts: 221 Moderator Moderator

Hi Carol,

As Bruce mentioned, if you do choose to go with a different package you can still gain access to our Desktop version in read-only mode. This will allow you to open your data file and view all data and print reports. You just won't be able to edit current data or enter new data.

The Desktop version can be organised through our Customer Service Team.

Hope this helps,

Luke

• CarolD_10863204

Thanks Luke. Would we just call the help line? I'd say the move is going to happen. We're finding Reckon Hosted is too expensive to enable the multi user option and probably overkill for our needs as a small not for profit. Also to find people who are able to drive it competently is almost impossible where we are (regional WA).

• Luke
    Luke Moderator, Reckon Staff Posts: 221 Moderator Moderator

Sorry to hear that Carol.

We do have Reckon One which could be another option for you.

Please get in touch with our customer service team on 1800 732 566 to discuss your options further.

Luke

• CarolD_10863204

Reckon One is too basic. We're small, but not basic in respect of grant and funding arrangements :-)

I'll give CS a call - thanks for your help Luke.