Unexpected error

cooketransport
cooketransport Member Posts: 8

Tried speaking to support line but they are not understanding my concern.

This comes up only when clicking on general payroll settings. Not sure why but I have logged out and used different browsers

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @cooketransport

I've just tested this in my own book and it seemed to work normally. Can I just ask, do you have the payroll module active on your subscription currently?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• cooketransport

I sure do have the module

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hmmm ok, that's strange.

Are you able to access any of the other payroll setting options such as Leave, Pay Items, Pay Schedules etc under the main 'Payroll Settings' heading?

When you are in the main settings screen, if look at the URL in your address bar is it showing as below? (The pixelated section will show a unique identifier.)

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• cooketransport

I can access all other sections without the error appearing.

• Rav

Ok, I think I'll need to get this over to my dev team to do a bit of investigation on.

Just to clarify, if you click OK to that unexpected error message does it disappear and then allow you to make edits to any of the general payroll settings and save OR does it immediately reappear and not allow you to do anything further?

• cooketransport

I can edit settings after clicking ok. I am just not sure what its doing in the background. I am also new to the whole program so just a little concerning is all.

• Rav

Yes its not exactly ideal. I'll shoot this over to my devs and I'll see if I can get their insight into what could be causing that and how we can sort it.

• Rav

Hi @cooketransport

When you've got a chance can you please try it again and let me know if the error message no longer appears for you?

• cooketransport

No. does not appear anymore. Thanks so much.