Allowances showing on PAYG Payment Summary but not on any reports as not actually paid

Allowances showing on PAYG Payment Summary but not on any reports as not actually paid

Answers

• Thomaswuker1608
    Thomaswuker1608 Member Posts: 13

I have the same problem with you, most company I set up in Payroll Premier have the allowances which is belong the last financial year not this year. However, somehow, they still show in PAYG Payment Summary in this financial year

• Katherine Matthias
    Katherine Matthias Member Posts: 8

After 2.5 hrs on the phone I have been told Reckon can't fix the problem, apparently allowances can appear on any year's payment summary, unbelievable... and can't be fixed because they actually don't exist in the current year. STP and all other reports are correct they just appear on the payment summary

• Thomaswuker1608
    Thomaswuker1608 Member Posts: 13

Hi Katherine,

Have you solved the allowance problem on PAYG Payment Summary ? You still remain that allowances on PAYG Payment Summary or using erase deleting it

• Emily 182
    Emily 182 Member Posts: 24

Hi Guys,

Has anyone had any luck fixing this issue?

I have came across the same problem. I have allowances showing on my PAYG summaries for this financial year but they were paid the prior year. My STP files and my reconciliation report is correct, just the summaries are wrong?

• Gayle_10863666
    Gayle_10863666 Member Posts: 37

I had this problem first arise in 2019-2020 year end, the fix from Reckon at that time was to Export the STP Financial Year upload, then come back to the Payment Summaries and the allowances from the previous year would be gone, this actually did work and fixed the problem.

This problem did not occur for me last year (2020-2021) but it is back again this year, I did the Reckon suggested fix for 2019-2020, however, it did not work this time.

If you have allowances that don't need to show in the allowances on the Payment Summary, change them to appear in Gross on Payment Summary, at least this may reduce the amount of Payment Summaries that are incorrect, but not completely solve the problem.

I know the STP uploads are supposed to replace having to issue Payment Summaries, but we are always going to have employees wanting a paper version.

This is disappointing this is still happening after 3 financial years!!!

• Gayle_10863666
    Gayle_10863666 Member Posts: 37

An update on my post on 2 July, the fix I mentioned that worked in 2019-2020 year end, actually did work for 2021-2022 year end.

After I closed Payroll Premier and logged back on, the allowances from 2020-2021 that were appearing on 2021-2022 Payment Summaries were gone.