Error message: "user is not authorised to access this resource with an explicit deny"

Nicr
Nicr Member Posts: 4

I am unable to submit a STP due to the following error message: "user is not authorised to access this resource with an explicit deny"

I have checked Reckon GovConnect but it states that my ABN is already registered and it will not let me login.

How can I remedy these issues?

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @Nicr

Have you previously been able to send through STP submissions successfully or is this your first attempt?

Also, you've mentioned you've checked GovConnect, so just to confirm do you see the STP entity for your ABN there? ie. have you already set it up previously?

If so, check if you have set up the STP entity with the correct GST branch number for your ABN (if you have one), see my screenshot below as an example.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Nicr

Dear Rav,

Yes, we were able to submit STP entries with the last version of Reckon One but not with the current paid for version.

I am not able to login to GovConnect subscriptions and find out the information you have highlighted because it says we are already registered with GovConnect.

Thank you for your swift reply.

Nic

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Thanks for getting back to me @Nicr

Yes, we were able to submit STP entries with the last version of Reckon One but not with the current paid for version.

Sorry, I might just need a bit of clarification on the above when you mention "last version of Reckon One" were you using Reckon One previously and then stopped? Or are you referring to a different Reckon product like the old STP app or Payroll App for example?

What is the ABN that you're trying to register into GovConnect but is stating its already registered?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Nicr

Dear Rav,

Yes, we recently restarted our subscription and we were successful with the old STP app.

Our ABN is: 55 056 197 607

• Rav

Thanks for that. Right ok, this is making sense now.

It looks as though you've created your new Reckon One account using a different email address to the one you were previously using with the Payroll App so they are two completely different accounts. Your ABN is registered to the Payroll App currently which is why it can't be registered to GovConnect just yet.

Before we can do anything here I just need to establish first whether or not you have, or need to, finalise anything for the current 2021/22 financial year from the submissions that you sent from the app. Specifically did you send or have any submissions for current financial year in the Payroll App?

• Nicr

Dear Rav,

Thank for finding the source of the problem.

We have been in contact with Reckon over the phone and have asked for the email to be changed to the same one that is registered with the ATO.

We have not yet lodged anything for this current financial year as we are not able to.

Regards,

Nic

• Rav

Thanks Nic. Good to hear you've been in touch with our support team, thanks for letting me know 🙂