Accounts Hosted adding print javascript to PDF when printing reports

Options
John McGrath
John McGrath Member Posts: 19

I am printing reports for pre EOFY preparation. I have to upload these reports to another website, but was getting errors when trying to do this. I discovered that, when I just try to open the report on my computer, which has Adobe Reader as the default program for PDF documents. I get a warning that the document is trying to print, which asks if I want to let this happen, when I select "NO", the document opens normally. I searched Adobe's website for the issue and found that a Javascript code that is causing this and would also prevent websites from allowing the document to be uploaded. The only way to delete the code from the document is by buying Adobe, which I don't want. How do we prevent Accounts Hosted from creating and inserting the code in the first place?

Why would anyone want this feature?

Kind regards,

John McGrath

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi John,

How are you obtaining the reports or other documents from Reckon Accounts Hosted? ie. are you selecting the Print option and then saving it to your PC before opening it in Adobe Reader etc?

If you use the File ➡️ Save as PDF option on a report/form/document in Hosted as opposed to Print, does the same message appear for you in Adobe Reader?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• John McGrath
    Options

Hi Rav, Yes, I just use the print option in the report, then save the report to my PC. I only use the Windows PDF printer when I am creating PDFs on my PC. I will try the File>Save as PDF and get back to you.

• John McGrath
    Options

Hi Rav,

I just tried the save as PDF method and that doesn't have the print on open script in it, so no problem. The script must be added when using the print button within the report page??

This method does add a couple of steps as the file has to be saved to MyLiveQ, then downloaded.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

I'm not a dev by any stretch so take this with a pinch of salt but I'm assuming that its retaining the 'print command' when report/document is downloaded but not actually printed in Hosted after using the Print option (in Hosted). It seems to then bring up that message in Adobe Reader as if to continue the print job.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• John McGrath
    Options

Hi Rav,

I have just used the browser print command instead of saving it to my PC, then selected the Microsoft PDF printer to create the PDF. That also worked, so definitely something the print button code is adding to the file.

Cheers, John.

• John McGrath
    Options

Hi Rav,

I suspect you are right. sometimes I don't need to save the file as a PDF and just print it to my local printer, so I haven't seen this before.