eofy pay run incomplete amounts

Rainbird
Rainbird Member Posts: 6
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

Hi. I am submitted all 12 months for the financial year 2021-2022. They show up in the app as expected. When I look at the EOFY the amount is incorrect. The June submission is not included. There does not appear to be an option for me to adjust the amount to match the correct total for the year. How do I correct this?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2022

What is the pay date for that June pay run you've entered in the app?

The pay date is what determines where the pay run belongs so if its dated on or after 1 July 2022 then it falls in the new (current) 2022/23 financial year and will not be included in your 2021/22 EOFY finalisation.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Rainbird

Hi Rav.

Thank you for your prompt response.

The pay date was in July. Will this not create an issue with the ATO if it does not reconcile with my tax returns?

Regards, Paul

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi Paul,

Is the July pay date accurate? ie. was this pay run actually paid in July? If so, it'll fall in the current (new) financial year and subsequently be included in your 2022/23 tax returns next year.

With that said, from what you've mentioned so far it sounds like this pay run was intended for the 2021/22 financial year is that correct? OR is the current July pay date correct?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Rainbird

Hi Rav.

The pay date was in June. The pay run was done in July but intended for the 2021-2022 financial year.

Regards, Paul.

• Rav

Right ok. Have you processed any pay runs that are correct for the 2022/23 financial year? ie. have you completed any pay runs AFTER this particular one that actually DO belong in the 2022/23 year?

If not -

What I'd suggest you do is send a zero balance STP submission to bring all of the 2022/23 balances back for all of your employees back to zero.

You can do this by creating a 2022/23 EOFY finalisation and switch on the 'Set all values to $0.00' toggle and send that through. This will update all STP balances on the ATO's end to zero. I've attached an old screen recording I made showing this however it shows me doing it for the 2020/21 financial year but in your case you'll need to do so for the 2022/23 financial year.

Once that is done, delete the original pay run you created and it will clear the balances from your app as well. Don't delete the zero finalisation as I'd recommend you keep that as a record.

Recreate the pay run using the correct pay date and send through the submissions.

Hopefully that makes sense but let me know if you have any questions.

Just for future, its best to create your pay runs and send through the STP submissions on or before the pay date as required by the ATO to avoid any penalties etc.

• MPKC
    MPKC Member Posts: 2

Wondering how to edit superannuation entries on payruns as well as on the EOY summary. It's automatically calculated at the moment.

• swakhlu01 .
    swakhlu01 . Member Posts: 482 Payroll App Expert Payroll App Expert

@MPKC Please refer to the new post you have created on this topic.

This discussion has been closed.