Wrong ABN

michael_10744735
michael_10744735 Member Posts: 8
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

Hi

Ive just realised I entered a incorrect ABN

and have sent off some payroll and a Eofy

is it possible to wipe everything and let me start fresh. If not what process do I need to take

thanks

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi Michael,

Is it the GST branch number OR the ABN itself that has been incorrectly registered?

More importantly, have the submissions that you've sent through under this incorrect ABN been successful? ie. do they show a 'Success' status message in the STP tab on the Pay Run screen?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• michael_10744735

Hi Rav

No I’ve got the ABN wrong. And yes they say Success

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Thanks for that Michael.

Ok the first thing you'll need to do is bring all of the balances that you've sent to the ATO so far for this incorrect ABN back down to zero.

You can do this by creating a new EOFY finalisation and using the 'Set all balances to zero' toggle and send it through like you would a normal submission.

If you've sent through submissions under this ABN over different financial years eg. 2021/22, 2022/23 etc ensure that you do this for each of the financial years as well.

Once that is done let me know and I'll need to get our devs to take a look at what can be done on our end to hopefully free up your account.

Can you let me know the incorrect ABN that you've registered to your Payroll App account.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• michael_10744735

Hi Rav

ive sent off the 0.00 balance Eofy

the current incorrect abn is

99 451 941 406

it needs to be this abn

81 080 944 234

• Rav

Ok I've gone ahead and put this together into a case and sent it over to my dev team to see what options there are to remove this ABN from your existing account.

I'll need to wait to hear back from them on this and I'll keep you posted as soon as I do.

Cheers

• michael_10744735

Hi Rav

Thanks hope to hear from you soon

• michael_10744735

Hi Rav

just checking in as I haven’t heard anything back yet any information would be great

thanks

michael

• Rav

Apologies Michael, been pretty under the weather the last few days so was out of the office.

Let me chase up the devs to see where things are at as its been a fair few days now since I sent it over.

• Rav

Hey Michael

The devs have just got back to me in the last few minutes saying they've completed the changeover.

• When you've got a chance can you please logout of your Payroll App account (use the Logout option) and then close the app down in full ie. swipe it away from any other apps currently running on your phone.
    • Once that is done, reopen the app and login.
    • Check the ABN details and any other info just to ensure everything is correct.

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers

• michael_10744735

Hi Rav

i just tried to login and it’s asking if I want to migrate a previous business over to the new app and when i do that it say the ABN and Branch number is already registered. Which it was with the previous app and when I changed to the new app it didn’t register hence why I started fresh and got it wrong.

• Rav

Give it another go now please @michael

It should let you through but let me know if you have into any further trouble.

Cheers

• michael_10744735

Hi Rav

just logged in and it’s all good now. Thanks for getting it sorted for me

Michael

• Rav

No thank you for being so patient while we got all that straightened out, apologies again that it took so long.

Cheers