not receiving 6 digit code

Leanne Chudleigh_10390658
Leanne Chudleigh_10390658 Member Posts: 23 ✭
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

I am not receiving the 6 digit code to log in to the app. I have rebooted my phone etc but still no luck. Any ideas?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi there @Leanne Chudleigh

Do you usually receive the MFA codes pretty quickly or do they take a while to come through? Do you have good mobile coverage at your location?

Try switching your phone to flight mode for about 20-30 seconds. This will disconnect your phone from the mobile network. After that turn flight mode off and your phone will be forced to poll your network provider which should make any pending messages come through.

Let me know how you get on.

ℹī¸ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Leanne Chudleigh_10390658

Hi Rav

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly.

The codes have always come through immediately (until today!). I did flight mode as you suggested but still no code. I've powered my phone of, waited then turned back on but still nothing.

Can't remember doing last weeks entry either.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hmm ok, can you let me know which mobile provider you're with?

I've been doing a bit of testing and seems to work normally for me (I'm on Telstra). I was having a chat with our technical team about this earlier and we're trying to obtain some examples. Can you let me know which mobile provider you're with and when was the approximate last time you attempted to login where it asked you for the code?

ℹī¸ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Selina_10231251
    Selina_10231251 Member Posts: 26 ✭

Hi Rav,

I have the same problem too. I am not receiving the 6 digit code to log in the app. I am with Optus

• geoffmeara
    geoffmeara Member Posts: 2 ✭

I too am having the same problem. I am not receiving the 6 digit code to log in to the app. I am with Optus also.

• Rav

Hi @Selina & @geoffmeara

Thanks for your reports on this as well. It seems like Optus is becoming a common denominator but can you let me know whether the MFA code came through or are you still having trouble with this today?

• geoffmeara
    geoffmeara Member Posts: 2 ✭

I used the flight mode with a long dwell time. Rebooting my iPhone failed to fix it.

• Selina_10231251
    Selina_10231251 Member Posts: 26 ✭

Hi Rav,

The MFA code came through today, I have no problem now

• swakhlu01 .
    swakhlu01 . Member Posts: 482 Payroll App Expert Payroll App Expert

Perhaps all the incidences of not receiving MFA codes could be due to carriers experimenting with SMS Spam blocking filters to comply with new anti-scammer protection obligations imposed by ACMA. Might be the time for Reckon to start offering app based authentication as alternative to SMS MFA.

• Leanne Chudleigh_10390658

Thank you for all the feedback. I am also with Optus. My code did come through at 2am the day after I tried to log on. Sorry for my late response, I have been out of action the last week. No problems today at all.