Super salary sacrifice & EOFY figures

JulesBousattout
JulesBousattout Member Posts: 29
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

Hi Rav,

I am using the basic Reckon App for payroll.

I have finalised end of financial year 21/22 and the figures that have gone across to the ATO for one employee are incorrect. The gross amount has included the salary sacrifice amount. It has reported the super amount including sacrifice as correct but not minused the sacrifice from the gross wages.

How do l fix this?

Thanks Jules

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @JulesBousattout

RESC components such as salary sacrifice and/or additional super paid over the default rate are currently visually not shown in the EOFY finalisation screen in the Payroll App. All RESC components are recorded and sent to the ATO as part of your STP submissions however visually you'll only see super paid at the default rate in the EOFY & Pay Summary screens in the app.

With all that said, RESC is shown within the individual pay runs you've created. The first thing I'd recommend you do is check the pay runs that this particular employee has been included in to confirm that salary sacrifice has been entered into the appropriate salary sacrifice field in each of the relevant pay runs.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• JulesBousattout

Thanks Rav,

Yes everytime l have done a payrun, the sacrifice amount is in the salary sacrifice bit above the normal SCG 10.5% amount.

The total sacrifice amount has gone across to the ATO but the ATO gross pay still has the sacrifice amount included in it. The accountant advised l need to fix this but l don't know how.

• JulesBousattout

The below is from you in a thread from last year and my payruns show as this.

Tap on the salary sacrifice field then enter the amount the employee wishes to sacrifice.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

The amount that the employee has salary sacrificed will be classed separately as Reportable Employer Super Contributions, otherwise known as RESC.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• JulesBousattout

Thanks Rav,

Yes at the ATO the RESC amount is correct for this employee (which includes the sacrifice amount)

Its the gross amount at the ATO which hasn't reduced by the RESC amount. Instead is has reported the total gross wages as if there was no salary sacrifice. The Accountant is asking me to fix.

• JulesBousattout

Hopefully l made sense above Rav?

• swakhlu01 .
    swakhlu01 . Member Posts: 482 Payroll App Expert Payroll App Expert

@JulesBousattout The gross salary reported does not change. The salary sacrifice superannuation amount should appear in the Deductions section. The tax is adjusted accordingly.

• JulesBousattout

Thanks Swakhlu01.

Not sure then why the accountant is saying it is incorrect? They are saying the gross amount should be reported without the sacrifice amount. I am very confused now.

• JulesBousattout

Hi Rav,

So l have spoken with the Accountant for this client l have done the STP for using the Basic Reckon App and they are adamant that the Gross Salary that goes across to the ATO should be the amount minus the Salary Sacrifice.

ie: Total Gross is say $81,550 but it should be $47,550. ($81,550 less $34,000 Super Sacrifice) The RESC amount shows the $34,000 as salary sacrifice but the Gross still saying $81,550 instead of $47,550

How can we fix this? Please help....

• Rav

Hi @JulesBousattout

Is what you are seeing now with the gross pay balance & RESC different to how its been presented on your previous pay runs that you've submitted throughout the course of the year? To clarify, are you saying something has changed?

While we don't have any visibility/control on how the ATO presents data on their end, can you send me a screenshot or image of where specifically you are seeing this gross pay & RESC balance on the ATO end in a private message and I'll make some inquiries from our end of the equation.

• JulesBousattout

Thanks Rav,

How do l send you a private message? I will try and get screen shots for you.

Thanks heaps

Jules

• JulesBousattout

Hi Rav,

Can you please advise how l send a private message to you so l can send screenshots tomorrow of what l am talking about.

Thanks

Jules

• Rav

Click my name and select the 'Message' button that appears on my profile card.

• swakhlu01 .
    swakhlu01 . Member Posts: 482 Payroll App Expert Payroll App Expert

@JulesBousattout I am guessing but it seems there is some confusion between Salary Sacrifice Superannuation and Additional Employer super contribution. What your Accountant is suggesting would apply if the employee payrun was created for additional super contribution and not Salary sacrifice super.

• JulesBousattout

@swakhlu01 . I think l have fixed the issue but now need to adjust/resend correct figures to the ATO for end of financial year. Can anyone help me out?

• Rav

@JulesBousattout

So just to clarify, are the balances you see in the Payroll App correct/what you expect them to be when you view the Pay Summary screen and/or a new EOFY finalisation?

• JulesBousattout

Rav, see my direct message to you.

Thanks Jules