Not saving

Natalie_9100443
Natalie_9100443 Member Posts: 4
edited September 2022 in Reckon One

Hi, I am having issues with the program not saving when I enter a new bill/ payment. It opens normally and can enter data in the first line as usual until I try to enter the next line or save the Bill/ payment. Click Save nothing hapens, click enter new line nothing hapens. Invoices/ receive money seem to be working as normal

I have tried restarting/ loging out and in again, switching browsers (tried Chrome, firefox and edge), used a different laptop to login, all to no avail.

The same issue is also happening to other users of our book.

Please help.

Tagged:

Comments

• Chris_10864390
    Chris_10864390 Member Posts: 4

I am having the same issue so not able to issue any invoices, tried a different browser and no change. Emailed Reckon last night and no response as yet.

• Pernille
    Pernille Member Posts: 3

I am experiencing the same - I have done some troubleshooting and found that whenever I have the word 'and' in the description field, the row cannot be saved. If I remove the 'and' or use '&' it works.

• Chris_10864390

Thanks Pernille, I removed any 'and' and it will not send, will not save, will not print but all cells populate...

• Pernille

Hi Chris

How frustrating!!! At one stage earlier today we needed to save after each entry - not each line, but each field or word... which is how I worked out it didn’t like ‘and’

• Natalie_9100443

Thanks Pernille - That worked for me, but I also had to change the 'and' to '&' if it was in the expense account name.

E.g. my expense account name was 'Fuel and Travel Expenses' and would not accept even with no 'and' in the discription but when i changed the expense account name to '&' it worked.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi all,

Thanks so much for your reports on this and apologies for the hassle it's causing you at the moment.

Can I just ask, are you encountering any error messages during this process or is there just no response when attempting to save?

Also, is this still occurring for you today? (Sunday)

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• khall
    khall Member Posts: 1

Hi Further to Natalie's issues, I am experiencing the same problem. The error message received when trying to allocate a payment just says unexpected error.

• Natalie_9100443

Hi Rav,

Thank you for your reply. For me there is no error message - it just does nothing - I can continue to edit the data already entered - like the save/ new row button has never been clicked.

I have just checked again now and still the same problem - as soon as the word 'and' is used anwhere within the screen it wont process. Take out 'and' and it saves straight away.

Thank you

• Pernille

Hi Rav

Thanks for following up. As per Natalie’s comment, no error message, just not saving

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Thank again everyone.

I've got this across to our teams, it seems to be quite sporadic and intermittent from our initial observations but we're looking into this further.

I'll keep you posted with further news as soon as I can.

Apologies again for the hassle it's causing at the moment.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Chris_10864390

Thank Pernille, and Rav, no error messages at all for me. Very frustrating, unable to send invoices.

Regards Chris

• Rav
    edited September 2022

Morning everyone,

Just wanted to give you a further update on this. Our devs have been investigating and have now advised they've resolved the cause of the issue.

When you have a chance, can you please give it another go and let me know if you still run into any difficulty with saving your transactions correctly.

Look forward to hearing from you and thanks for your patience with this everyone.

• Chris_10864390

Thanks Rav, it worked now and I left the ands in.

Thanks again for having this attended to it was quite unfortunate it occurred.

Regards Chris

• Natalie_9100443

Thank you for following up Rav, yes all is working again as normal now. Much appreciated.

Regards Natalie