Update billing credit card

KylieD
KylieD Member Posts: 3

Hi, I'm trying to update the expiry date for my billing 'credit card' and it keeps coming up with the message "this card has been declined". This is the card I have been using from the beginning, though strangely enough it will accept my 'debit card' as payment for my monthly subscription. My preference is to use my Mastercard, any thoughts as to why it will no longer allow me to add?

Many thanks

Kylie

Tagged:

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi there Kylie,

Sorry to hear you've had trouble with this. Is it still occurring for you today?

If so, can you shoot me a screenshot of the error message that appears after you attempt to update the card details (don't include any card info) and I'll see if I can get more info about this.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• KylieD

Hi Rav, thank you for getting back to me. I've tried again today and I am getting the same error. It's odd, as it is the same card just with a new expiry date.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited September 2022

Thanks for that Kylie, its a strange one and I can't say I've seen that occur before. Can I just ask, is the new card 'active'? ie. I'm assuming its a new card replacing your existing one but does it need to be activated by your bank/financial institution?

Can I get you to shoot me the email address for your Reckon One account in a private message. I'll see if I can have a chat with my dev team and check if there's any more info they can give me about it.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• KylieD

Hey Rav, It's definitely activated as I've been using it and have changed many other direct debit payments. I' send my email.

Thanks again :)