how to enter annual leave and sick leave taken

Scott Moulds
Scott Moulds Member Posts: 1
edited July 2019 in Reckon One
I am new to Reckon One and im trying to enter annual leave and sick leave taken for a payroll run, but i cannot edit the leave taken field in the pay fields for the employee. The leave accrual figure is adjustable but not the leave taken.
Previously in Myob you linked the leave field with a payroll category and when you entered 16 hours leave in the pay and say 24 normal hours it would automatically list the deduction in the leave taken field, but i cant seem to find any help files / youtube videos that show how this works.

Comments

• Adamwu
    Adamwu Member Posts: 4

It looks no one answered this question. I am facing the same problem. Just don't understand why that software designed like that?

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @Adamwu

Can you give me a bit more info on how you're going about entering leave taken in a pay run or where specifically you're running into trouble.

The below is a pay run I've created as just a test to enter annual leave and personal leave items to an employee's pay run. Once the pay run is finalised the available leave balance is updated on the payslip and employee profile under the 'Leave' tab.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Adamwu

Hi Rav,

Thanks for reach out.

As screen show that no way I can put in "taken this pay"

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

The 'taken this pay' fields will display values depending on the leave items you've used in the pay run. For example, in my screenshot below you'll see that I've added 40 hours of annual leave using the ANNUAL LEAVE item and 3 hours of personal leave using the PERSONAL LEAVE item.

Its hard to see from your screenshot but I think I can just barely make out that you haven't added any leave items to pay the employee in the pay run. I think I can see it only shows the 'Ordinary' earnings item.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Adamwu

No pay involved, rather, take out days of leave, actually, I am new to make this transactions

• Rav
    edited September 2022

If the employee is taking leave in the pay run period you need to use the respective leave item in order to reflect how much leave they're taking. You'll see that in the example in my previous screenshot above where I have annual leave and personal leave items under the Earnings & Leave section in the pay run.

It might be worth checking out the resources we have on setting up and processing a pay run in Reckon One which I'll link below -

Getting Started with payroll in Reckon One

Creating a pay run for an employee in Reckon One

More Reckon One how-to videos in our playlist below.

• Adamwu

Got it, thank you very much, Rav