Problem after migrating from STP

APacker
APacker Member Posts: 6 ✭

Hi, I find that the EOFY figures for reporting 2020/21 are exactly twice what they should be.

Is that because of the migration from STP to Payroll?

What can I do about it? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

🤔

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @APacker

Just to clarify, do you mean the 2021/22 financial year or the 2020 FY as mentioned in your opening post?

Have you created any pay runs in the Payroll App itself after migrating for the financial year period in question?

The balances that were migrated over for each employee from the retired STP app will be listed in the 'initial YTD' tab within their profile. If you take a look at the balances there, are they correct?

ℹī¸ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• APacker

Hi Rav,

Many thanks for your quick response.

No, I do mean 2020/21.

On checking the employee's profile, as you suggest, I can see his various Financial Year figures, and yes, the 20/21 year shows amounts that are all exactly twice the correct amounts.

He is currently - and very belatedly! - doing his return, and his accountant says that his figures have not been finalised. I don't remember 100% clearly, but assume I proceeded to make the year-end declaration at about that time. What with the migration happening then, my current Ap's records only show back as far as 1 July 2021, so I can't be sure what happened in the lead-up to the migration.

Does this ring any bells with you?

• APacker

Rav,

I've just seen the link at the bottom of the screen to 'View and update initial YTD balances'.

Ahhh. I see for each category (Tax Withheld, etc) there are TWO identical entries!!

This must surely be the answer. I see that each category has a right-arrow leading to the option to delete, so should I just do that for one of each pair?

🙏

• APacker

... or isn't it as simple as that?

Any unintended consequences?

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Interesting, a tad strange that there are two identical entries with that same financial year period. However to answer your question, yes you'll need to delete one of them in order to get those balances back in line to what they should be in reality.

Once that is completed, you'll need to send through an End of Financial Year finalisation for the 2020/21 period so that the balances are finalised and reflected on the ATO's end also the employee's MyGov account.

ℹī¸ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• APacker

Hi Rav,

Thank you so much for pinpointing this for me. I was quite distressed about it.

You have been most helpful. Five stars!

Regards,

Astley

• APacker

Hi Rav,

I may have spoken too soon.

I have (several times, now) deleted one of each pair of duplicated amounts, but only one of the deletions has 'taken': the Tax Withheld.

The Ordinary Earnings, and Super guarantee both appear to have been deleted, but refuse to remain deleted after I click Done and check.

Help!

• Rav

Ok a couple of suggestions, can I get you to first make sure you're on the latest version of the Payroll App which is currently 2.24.45. Check your app store for any available updates to install.

After that, can I get you to remove one of these additional balances then press done and Save ie. remove one at a time rather than all in one go.

Let me know if that works for you but if not, can I grab the ABN that you have registered to your account along with a screenshot of initial YTD balance screen in a Private Message.

Cheers