New User - Reckon Personal 2022

Options

Trying to install Reckon Personal 2022 on a new computer but keep getting "The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect."

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling both Reckon and Adobe (as suggested by others) but still having no luck.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @dkcatterick

I'd recommend checking out the info in this help guide linked below. It contains an overview on the two factors behind this error and how to resolve them -

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• dkcatterick
    dkcatterick Member Posts: 4
    Options

Thanks Rav but neither of those options worked. I also can't understand why Reckon have zero customer support in regards to these issues when it seems to be so common.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Has there been any change or does it show the same error message?

You've mentioned in your opening post that you've uninstalled Personal Plus, how did you action that? Just a standard uninstall from the Windows control panel?

If so, perform a 'clean' uninstall and reinstall by following the steps in the guide below -

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• dkcatterick
    Options

Hi Rav,

I've done everything you suggested but still no luck and no response from Reckon regarding a refund.

Seriously not happy and will be making sure people steer clear.

• Rav
    Options

Can you give me a bit more info specifically in regard to the issue itself ie. after attempting the suggestions above, are you still encountering the same error message as in your opening post or are you receiving a new/different error?

Did you perform the clean uninstall using a 3rd party uninstaller such as Revo Uninstaller as outlined the guide above?

Which version and build number of Windows are you running on your PC?

Were you using an older version of Reckon Personal software prior to your attempt at installing the 2022 version or is this your very first Reckon Personal software install? If its the former, did you fully remove the previous version prior to your attempt at installing the new version?

• dkcatterick
    Options

Performed the clean up using a third party as suggested. It's a brand new PC (hence the install) so current windows and no previous installation of any version. Still getting the same error message.

• Tim_10855727
    Tim_10855727 Member Posts: 3
    Options

I have re installed H& B 2022 and now when I enter a transaction it takes up to 5 seconds to list sections of it so the product is unusable.

I have uninstalled & re installed a couple of time and this still happens

Any suggestion please