Scheduled transfers not showing in calendar

I have raised this issue before and hoped it would be fixed with the latest version of the software, but no luck

I have set up my credit card repayments as a scheduled bill but they are not showing in the calendar. I have done all the obvious things - ensured that both accounts are visible on the calendar and marked the transaction as a bill. But I still can't get this to appear on the calendar. This is an issue as I run the risk of missing a credit card payment and accruing interest. Can anyone help me with this? Transfers between other accounts are showing up perfectly well.

Comments

• David M
    David M Member Posts: 95 ✭✭

Are they showing up as Scheduled Bills and deposits in the bank account from which you will transfer the money to the Credit Card?

That is where I locate mine, so that I see them every time I pay bills.

Hope that helps.

• mopsella
    mopsella Member Posts: 5

Thanks David. They show up in the scheduled bills list if I hover over the day on which they are due but are invisible on the actual calendar. On the bills list they weirdly show a $0.00 due amount but if I open the bill the correct amount shows.

• Trevor Price
    Trevor Price Member Posts: 13

I have exactly the same issue as mopsella.

It would be nice if somebody that has solved this problem could let us know the solution.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi all,

What is the configuration of your calendar options? Example from my test installation below -

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Trevor Price

Thank you for your response Rav, however the 4 boxes are checked and the problem remains.

The Scheduled Bills and Deposits appear correctly in the LIST view but not visible in the Calendar View.

In the Calendar View if you click on the day of your scheduled transaction is due the pop up shows the transaction with a zero amount. If you then Edit the transaction the correct amounts show in the edit pop up.

I have found that no transaction will show in the Calendar View if the amount is zero.

So the question is, why is a Transfer between two accounts becoming zero in the Calendar View?

Note: 1. I have found that if I exclude one of the accounts in a transfer transaction it does appear in the Calendar, however this is not a useful work around because any bills directly on the excluded account of course do not show.

Note: 2. I can set up a transfer transaction on another Reckon data base on the same computer and all displays correctly.

• mopsella

Thanks Trevor - that is a really clear explanation of the problem! I ended up creating a new account for my credit card and transferring all the unreconciled transactions across to it. This fixed the problem; scheduled transfers to this new credit card account are now showing on the calendar. This was an inconvenient workaround but at least it solved the problem. Given that the original problem appeared suddenly I am not confident that this fix will last. There clearly is a glitch somewhere in the software and it would be good if it could be fixed.

• Trevor Price

Thanks mopsella, based on your solution of creating a new account I created a new savings account and a new credit card account. I am sorry to say the result I got was the same old problem once both accounts were selected in "Select Calendar Accounts".

mopella could you please confirm that your new credit card account has been included via "Select Calendar Accounts" and that scheduled purchases on the new credit card are showing in the calendar correctly?

• mopsella

Hi Trevor. The new credit card account is not selected in "Select Calendar Accounts" as I don't have scheduled purchases coming out of this account for which I need a prompt/reminder. The prompt to pay the account with the correct amount is showing up as a Transaction Due.

• Trevor Price

Hi mopsella. So I hope you agree that you have a work around that suits you and that the problem still exists. Your work around does not help me.

I would suggest given that you have no scheduled purchases out of your credit card account you could have implemented your work around by removing (de-select) your original card account using "select calendar accounts" without creating the new credit card account.

• Trevor Price

Hi Rav, are you able to offer a solution to this issue?