Reckon Invoices Login issue!

I have Reckon One with the invoices-medium module. I log-in via browser using reckon credentials, not Google etc. I have also changed the password, uninstalled the phone app and reinstalled, but no matter what I try, I just keep getting Sign in failed, incorrect username or password. Please try again.

On the App, if I try forgot password, I enter in the address I use for logging into ReckonOne but I don't even receive a reset email.

Be very handy to use the app when I am on site.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hey @jimbolical

Thanks for creating this new post. We should be able to sort this and get you logged into the app.

I've had a quick look and I can see your Reckon One account's login is under a user name rather than an email address. Can I just confirm, when you login to use Reckon One on a browser, are you entering an email address or a user name to login?

The reason I ask is, if you enter your user name into the app and Reckon One account's password it should let you through no problem.

Let me know how you get on.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• smithrj
    smithrj Member Posts: 5

Hi, I am having exactly the same issue as @jimbolical. My Reckon One account has the required invoices_medium module, and when I first downloaded the app a couple of months ago (before it was announced) I could access it without a problem. But as of a couple of weeks ago I can't - I receive the same "Sign-in failed" screen. My account is a shared account through my Franchisor (VIP Home Services) so perhaps that is part of the problem? Can you give me some advice as to how to get into the app? Thanks.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @smithrj

When I search for any accounts under the email address in your screenshot its showing me that the Reckon One book is cancelled. This would be why you're running into trouble logging in to the app at the moment.

Have there been any changes to your Reckon One book setup from VIP Home Services recently?

More specifically, when you access Reckon One normally from a PC do you use some other login that is different to the one in your screenshot?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• smithrj

Hi Rav,

Thanks for your quick response.

Some time ago we trialled Reckon One before it was rolled out to VIP franchisees, and our original book was closed and a new one re-created (long story!). I have had this issue before with the support crew seeing our book closed, but I can assure you we have been using Reckon One for some years now.

There have been no changes at VIP's end that I am aware of. I usually log in on our home desktop PC, with the username "smithrj" without any problems. Hope that helps, thanks.

• Rav

@smithrj

Hmm ok that's interesting. I'm not across the setup of how VIP franchise books are setup but I do have a colleague that is a bit of a guru in that area so I'll have a chat with him when he's back on board tomorrow.

In the interim though, and apologies for asking again but, you're 100% certain that you're logging into your Reckon One account with the smithrj user name? When you login to that account, does your VIP Reckon One book appear in the 'Shared with Me' tab or just the normal 'Reckon One Subscriptions' tab?

The only reason I'm asking is, I'm not seeing any other products/books under the smithrj account.

• smithrj

Hi Rav,

Absolutely, our login username is & always has been smithrj. The first screen that appears is the "shared with me" screen. We click "shared with me" and go to our VIP Home Cleaning Fullarton" screen and click "open" to access our book (see screenshots attached).

Thanks again.

• Rav
    edited November 2022

Hi @smithrj

Ok, I've had a chat with my colleague about your case and I think we've found something here.

First, can I get you to ensure you're on the latest version of the Reckon Invoices App, at the moment its version 2.1.0. Check your app store for any available updates. This is an important step as the latest version addresses some access issues to books.

After doing the above, hopefully you shouldn't come across that error but if you do, tap on the 'Book' label in the top left just under your account name. This should bring up the book switcher and allow you to access your main VIP Reckon One book.

Hopefully that works but let me know how you get on.

• smithrj

Hi Rav,

I confirmed that I had the correct version of the app but still couldn't log in. I uninstalled the app, restarted the phone, reinstalled the app, but still no good. I can see a "Book" label on screen, however tapping it does nothing - it appears not to be a link to anything.

Could it be anything to do with the message on the scren about "Tax settings" or "Money in settings"?

Thanks.

• smithrj

Hi Rav,

Any solution yet to the log-in problem?

Thanks.

• Rav

Hi @smithrj

I'm really sorry for the delay in getting back to you about this. My colleague had a chat with me about your case today and to us it seems as though the Invoices App is defaulting to your former cancelled Reckon One book rather than allowing you to access the VIP Reckon One book that you have access to.

We've asked our dev team to investigate this to clarify and if there is a quick solve we can implement to establish connection to your book. The case number for this is CAS-195284-C6L6Z2 just for your reference but I'll let you know as soon as I hear more info.