Applying tax

System
System Member Posts: 231 Moderator Moderator
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

Comments

• DwayneBrown
    DwayneBrown Member Posts: 13

Just using the new app today & I have an employee who hasn’t earned enough for tax to be taken automatically; they wish to pay some tax, but there is nowhere for me to adjust. Can you advise if there is a solution please ?

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @DwayneBrown

Are you using the ordinary earning item in the pay run? If so, that earning item has been setup/configured to calculate tax on earnings. However you can manually adjust the tax component. Just tap on the 'Tax Withheld' field and you'll be able to edit the tax balance.

Check out my screen recording below as an example -

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• DwayneBrown

For some reason the tax withheld hasn’t come up for that employee !! I’m thinking that could be due to the fact they hadn’t earned enough to pay tax ?!?!

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

What is the earning item you're using for this employee to add in their pay?

If its a custom item you've created yourself have you set it up to not calculate tax?

To confirm this, go into Settings ➡ Earning items ➡ tap on the earning item you're using ➡ Check the tax calculation method that you've set the item up with

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• DwayneBrown

This is a screenshot of the problem

• DwayneBrown

I am using the Ordinary that is available within the App !!

• Rav

Delete that pay run and recreate it. Confirm if the same behaviour occurs after that.

If so, logout of your app account and close the app in full ie. swipe it away from any other apps that are currently running on your phone.

I've just tested on the latest version 4.0.2 using the Ordinary earnings item in a pay run to see if I can replicate what you're experiencing however its brought up tax as normal including the ability to manually edit.

• DwayneBrown

I tried it with more hours & the tax withheld section came up, then went back to the original, & it disappeared again. So I think it’s because they haven’t earned enough to pay tax that it doesn’t show !!

• DwayneBrown

I’m using the Free Basic Plan, if that makes a difference !?

• DwayneBrown

Just confirming same thing still happening Rav !!

• help_4me
    help_4me Member Posts: 3

Hi Dwayne. I'm having the exact same problem and I don't seem to be able to fix

• Rav

@DwayneBrown

I don't think the pay run balance will affect this but as a test, I went through and created a dummy pay run for just $10.00 gross pay as an example.

The tax calculation and ability to edit were both present.

Also, the plan you're on ie. Free/Premium won't have any role in this.

What is the employee's tax setup in their profile?

Also, can you advise me the specific details you're entering into the pay run and I'll do some further testing on my end to see if I can replicate.

(Don't show the employee's specific info, just the pay run details)

Same with you please @help_4me

• DwayneBrown

$37.14 - 4 hours worked

Gross Pay $148.56

• help_4me

Hi Rav. Under "Edit pay details" the Employee's earnings are "Ordinary at $30.36 per hour - 8 hours = $242.88" "Super Guarantee Statutory rate 10.50% = $25.50" but Tax does not appear under Edit pay details anymore. I watched the example you sent to Dwayne and that was how it has always been - very easy to manually put in tax withheld but not now. -

• Rav

Thanks for that @DwayneBrown & @help_4me

I think I've narrowed this down a bit during my testing. It seems to only occur on employees who are set to 'Tax Free Threshold (TFT) claimed'.

I'll have a chat with our product team about this to get some more info around it, particularly why its come about in this new version.

Will come back to you with more info as soon as I have it.

• Rav

Hi all,

It appears the tax withholding is only appearing for employees who have earnings above the TFT for the period. Our team has created a bug ticket for this to get the ability to add a tax amount even if there is no calculated tax to be withheld.

No timeframe just yet as they'll need to do a bit of investigative work on this first but I'll keep you updated with any more info around this as it comes to hand.

Cheers

• help_4me

Thanks Rav. Please keep the line of communication open as will I. Hopefully your team will come up with a solution fairly soon.

• DwayneBrown

Thanks Rav for your patience & help as always !! 👍🏻

• DwayneBrown

How we going with this ??

• Screte
    Screte Member Posts: 2

Any news? Still not able to apply tax to Payrun since last week.

• Rav

Hi guys,

I haven't received any further info about it from the dev team but I'll check in for any further news. Will keep you posted.

• Screte
    Screte Member Posts: 2

Still having same problem,unable to enter my payruns as the tax field isn’t appearing

Any progress?

• gvsecuritydoors
    gvsecuritydoors Member Posts: 2

Is there a time frame for a fix ?

• Rav

The team have identified the cause of why this is occurring and I'm trying to get them to squeeze it into the next update but I'll need to wait for confirmation on whether that is possible.

The next update is currently scheduled for release next week but can be subject to change without notice as testing is still ongoing at the moment.

I'll post more info here as soon as I have any further info around this.