Custom Super items & Super rate field

System
System Member Posts: 231 Moderator Moderator
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

Comments

• swakhlu01 .
    swakhlu01 . Member Posts: 482 Payroll App Expert Payroll App Expert
    edited November 2022

@Rav it is likely the choice of new custom Superannuation types included in Payroll App 4.0.2 can only be used with Premium subscription. Is that correct? One may be able to create these in payroll settings as indicated in the instructions but these may not be available for allocation to employee super funds as Superannuation allocation is a Premium feature.

Also it seems the Guarantee super calculations in the employee payrun defaults to Fixed amount and picks up a $10.50 value. This may be a bug. Perhaps the default should be Statutaroy rate (10.5%).

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @swakhlu01 .

I've checked in with the product team in regard to custom super items and they've confirmed the custom item needs to be assigned to an employee's super fund in order for it to appear as a selection when creating a pay run. Employee super funds is a Premium plan exclusive feature in the Payroll App.

They'll look at sharpening that workflow up if they can as I'm sure it'll be a bit confusing.

In regard to the super guarantee field, I tried to test that out in a couple of my accounts but I couldn't seem to replicate it. In my screen recording you'll see that the 'rate' field remains blank after switching the selection to 'Fixed Amount'.

Just to clarify, does the $10.50 amount automatically appear in the field immediately after you've entered earnings and then switching the rate type to Fixed Amount?

I also tested by going into the Super field first prior to entering any earnings and remained blank there as well.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• DBS
    DBS Member Posts: 7

Hi @Rav

I may be able to provide some insight in regards to the super guarantee field that may be of assistance.

We too have experienced exactly what swakhluo1. has described.

A super amount of $10.50 is automatically being applied rather than being calculated at a rate of 10.5% of earnings. It seems the 'fixed amount' has been set up as the default rate type instead of the 'Statutory rate' being set up as the default rate type. Further to this, it also seems that $10.50 has been assisgned to this 'fixed amount'.

Below is what we experienced today:

We didn't realise there was an app update and created a payrun in the previous version prior to new v4.0.2.

There was only one employee to be paid in the payrun.

We entered ordinary earnings for the employee as per normal.

A super amount of $10.50 was applied instead of at a rate of 10.5%, as experienced by swakhluo1.

I came on here to see if there were any details regarding this and realised there was an app update. We also read swakhluo1.'s post (posted on another post), about changing the super rate default from 'fixed amount' to 'statutory rate'.

We did not submit the payrun we had created showing the incorrect $10.50 super and we deleted this draft payrun. We deleted the payrun as we did not have the option to change the 'rate type' due to not being on the new version of the app. We then downloaded the current app and created another payrun.

We entered the ordinary hours but the superannuation was once again incorrectly showing as $10.50. We then changed the default from the 'fixed amount' to the 'statutory rate' as indicated by swakhluo1. The 'fixed amount' on this screen was showing as a dollar value of $10.50, however when we selected the 'Statutory rate', the rate was showing as a percentage rate of 10.5%.

This worked, and the super was correctly calculated at a rate of 10.5% on the ordinary earnings.

We submitted the payrun. (BTW the declaration did come up twice but we ignored the second one, so I think this is also a bug that will need to be investigated, as another user (in another post) seems to have reported that completing the declaration twice has resulted in their payrun being submitted twice).

The employee has checked their totals (including their super) in MyGov, and everything has reported correctly.

A big thank you to swakhluo1. - had they not posted a solution to this, the employee would not have been able to be paid today.

• swakhlu01 .

@Rav It is likely the observations that you recorded might be from the Premium version. Those on Basic version might be getting a different result which is what I and @DBS have experienced. Also see post -

https://community.reckon.com/discussion/8032566/how-to-rectify-incorrect-superannuation-data#latest

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi guys

Thanks for getting back to me and for the further insight on this.

So based on the workflow described by @DBS, this was present prior to the new version releasing, is that correct?

I tried again this morning, this time on my Free Basic plan just to cover that aspect off as per your suggestion @swakhlu01 . however as you'll see from my screen recording I wasn't able to replicate.

Does this occur consistently when you attempt to create a pay run? Or is it random?

Does it occur when entering the pay details for a specific employee or all employees?

If its a specific employee, can you let me know their setup eg. Full Time, Part Time, Casual and their tax scale etc.

I've tried on Full Time, Part Time, Casual along with TFT claimed & not claimed just for testing.

Sorry for all the questions, just want to try and narrow down any commonalities in this so I can present it to my dev team for further investigation.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• swakhlu01 .

@Rav the defaults of super guarantee and salary sacrifice both show up as Fixed amount in payrun consistently. All employees are full time and TFT claimed.

In settings the Super guarantee is statutory rate and 10.5 %

• DBS
    DBS Member Posts: 7

@Rav

I have answered your questions below:

So based on the workflow described by @DBS, this was present prior to the new version releasing, is that correct?

It first occurred on 15/11/22 but prior to updating the app. Upon realising the super error and identifying there was an app update, we deleted that draft payrun, then updated the app and processed another payrun on 15/11/22. The super error occurred once again. The last payrun we did prior to 15/11/22 was on 14/10/22 and that was all ok.

Does this occur consistently when you attempt to create a pay run? Or is it random?

See my reply above. Also, we also do our payrun monthly, so I will not know if it will occur again until our next payrun on 15/12/22.

Does it occur when entering the pay details for a specific employee or all employees?

We only have two employees, however we only had to pay one employee for the payrun on 15/11/22, so I can't answer this question either. Because we changed the rate from 'fixed amount' to 'statutory rate', it may have saved this rate for when we do the next payrun, and if it does, I do not know if it would have saved it for only that one employee or both our employees. Again, we will not know till we process another payrun on 15/12/22.

If its a specific employee, can you let me know their setup eg. Full Time, Part Time, Casual and their tax scale etc.

The employee that was paid is Full Time and their Tax Scale is TFT claimed.

Could the type of operating system that is used be affecting it ie. iOS or Android? We are using Android.

• Rav

Thanks for the info guys.

Just from initial observation, the common denominator so far from you both is that it occurs on employees with the TFT claimed tax scale but I can't say for sure whether that's where the issue is originating.

I've just tried again this morning on an existing employee set to that specific tax scale and also a newly created employee but in both cases it seemed to function normally.

It certainly sounds like there is something errant going on though from your reports so I'll need to have a chat with our devs to see if there's anything they can see.

@swakhlu01 . you've mentioned its occurring consistently in your case. Can I get you to shoot me few screenshots from a dummy pay run, specifically;

• The screens where you enter in earnings
    • The screen immediately after which shows the super at $10.50 ie. prior to you having to then tap on it to correct.
    • After you tap the Super Guarantee field to show the selected rate type
    • The setup of your Super Guarantee item

Feel free to blank out any employee info eg. names. Its more the process and results behaviour that I'm looking to establish.

I've put together an example below from my own account outlining what I'm looking for (click on the image for a larger view). In my example below however it shows SG at the statutory rate whereas from what you've described yours will show Fixed Amount as the default.

• swakhlu01 .
    edited November 2022

@Rav sorry could not get around to your post yesterday. I have fixed the issue and therefore, am unable to reproduce the screen shots you sought.

I am assuming as I am on Basic version, the configuration of the new Reckon app release(s) may be conflicting with the existing superannuation options that we already had, - guaranteed super and salary sacrifice super.

I was playing with the settings and removed salary sacrifice from superannuation options thus leaving only guaranteed super. The payrun then was able to default to Statutory rate for the Guaranteed super. So no more default to fixed amount of $10.50.

To test further, I restored the Salary Sacrifice component in superannuation settings but now everything defaults to 10.5% (even if I select fixed amount for Salary sacrifice and statutory rate for guaranteed Super).

I think sooner or later Reckon will have to provide a proper user guide update to explain the changes in superannuation setup selections and which features need Premium version for selection.

Just to clarify I had also removed Reckon app from my phone and re-installed prior to my previous post but that made no difference to the behaviour of $10.50 default.

• Rav

That's ok @swakhlu01 ., no worries. Glad its working correctly for you now at the very least.

Regardless, I raised this with my devs yesterday and they'll take a look to try replicate and see any underlying causes of the behaviour.

I'll leave this thread open so if any fellow Payroll App users came across and also experiencing the same as you and @DBS were/are, then I'd be keen to gather those examples & screenshots.

• swakhlu01 .

@Rav This post is also showing the same behaviour of $10.50 super guarantee.

https://community.reckon.com/discussion/8032566/how-to-rectify-incorrect-superannuation-data#latest

• swakhlu01 .

@Rav with the introduction of new Superannuation types will the selection of a Guaranteed Super contribution rate greater than Statutory rate continue to create a RESC report to ATO for the amount exceeding the Statutory rate as before?

• Rav

Hi @swakhlu01 .

Yes indeed it will. I've attached an example below where I've created a pay run and altered the SG rate to 20%.

The resulting super balance is split and assigned to the respective superannuation and RESC components.