reckon Payroll App

mscamp
mscamp Member Posts: 9
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

I need to start entering in the pays for the new financial year 2022/23, is there anything I need to do for the new financial year? I noticed the new pay runs just get added on to the existing pay runs from the previous financial year

Answers

• swakhlu01 .
    swakhlu01 . Member Posts: 482 Payroll App Expert Payroll App Expert

@mscamp make sure you have updated the Payroll app to the current version.

• mscamp
    mscamp Member Posts: 9

I'm sure it is , it states V 4.0.2 under settings

So do i need to do anything ? Can i just start preparing the payruns for 2022/23?

I did prepare the "end of financial year" process for 2021/22

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @mscamp

It sounds like you've done everything right. You just need to continue on by creating pay runs that are dated in the current 2022/23 financial year and it'll automatically get assigned based on the pay date.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Sandra Price
    Sandra Price Member Posts: 25

Hi, I have the same problem, why do the payruns from the previous year carry over into the current year.??

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

@Sandra Price

Sorry but can you provide more information on what you mean by previous pay runs carrying over to the new financial year?

At the changeover of the financial year ie. 1 July, Year to Date balances switch to zero and will restart accumulating from pay runs dated with a pay date that falls within the new FY.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Sandra Price

Hi Rav

All the pay runs (52) from year 21-22 are included in the current year 22/23. I now show 72 runs up until my week ending 14/11.

I have missed a step when I started the new year.

Do you have instructions I can look at so I can get it right.

The instructions/steps on the app is a bit confusing.

• swakhlu01 .
    swakhlu01 . Member Posts: 482 Payroll App Expert Payroll App Expert

@Sandra Price It might be useful to check if the YTD Summary for FY22/23 is showing the correct balances.

For an employee select Settings from the menu and swipe across the top menu to YTD Summary. You can check each FY tab.

If a Payrun for 2022/23 is missing you can create it using new Payrun making sure the Payrun date and pay period selected are correct before creating it.

The Payrun /STP page that you refer to does not split by Financial year. So you will see all the Payruns created since you started using the product. Maybe there is an improvement opportunity for Reckon to show a line representing Financial Years to split the payruns and stp listings on the page.

• Rav

@Sandra Price

Are you referring to the balances from the pay runs themselves being included in the current 2022/23 Year to Date Summary for each employee?

OR

Are you referring to all of the pay runs showing up as a continuous list when you're on the 'Pay Runs' screen?

• Sandra Price

To Swakhul01

FYI….So my YTD figures for the current financial year 22/23 are correct.

So what you are saying the runs from previous financial year carry over.

If that is the case all is fine.

• Sandra Price

To Rav

Referring to the pay runs showing up as a continuous list on the Payrun screen.

• Rav

Thanks for clarifying @Sandra Price

The pay run screen is just a continuous list of all pay runs that you've created in the Payroll App.

However more importantly, the balances from each of those pay runs do not carry over from one financial year to another. They are assigned to the specific financial year based on the pay date you enter for that specific pay run.

If you'd like the list to be visually broken up by financial year (or any other improvements that you'd like to see in the Payroll App) then I'd highly recommend adding a feature request on our Reckon Ideas Portal which I'll link below -