Termination Final Pay

Wendy_10862352
Wendy_10862352 Member Posts: 25

Could anyone guide me in finding a process for terminating an employee and their final pay with LSL in Reckon Hosted?

Answers

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

You have to enter the payroll using the LSL pay item, which I assume is setup, process as normal and then go to their name after and enter a release date and then make inactive

• Wendy_10862352

Thank you Kris. Would you do a separate paycheque for the fortnighly pay and then another for the payment of unused annual leave and LSL?

I noticed when I added in the hours of LSL it accrued annual leave and the also LSL? Is this correct?

Wendy

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

That final accrual is a problem - I edit the employees name before I process the final pay and delete the leave accrual option - of per week or pay or hour so it doesn’t accrue anything

you can do two separate payruns if you wish

• Wendy_10862352

Thank you I will do that? Is the tax something I should look at for the final pay Kris?

• Kris_Williams

That too is always an issue, you could ring ATO and check but I tend to accept Reckon’s figure, that way you have done what you believe to be correct, if it’s overtaxed they will get it back next year

• Wendy_10862352

Thank you for all your help Kris.

• Kris_Williams

You’re very welcome. ..