Setting up Accounts, POS & Administrator on new computer

Hi.

Having issues with my old laptop computer that is just not getting sorted so I am now trying to set up my Point of Sale, Administrator and Accounts on a new laptop. I just want to make sure I am going to do everything in the right order.

Should I download the backed up files from the administrator and accounts programs onto the new computer then install the programs as an existing user? Or install as new user and then access the old files from the backed up USB?

As I couldn’t open the Accounting program I only have the file (QBW) that I copied and pasted from the company file folder on the old computer or a backup (QBB) that is 3 weeks old that I can use if need be and add in the extra 3 weeks of sales after the setup. (Yes I’m an idiot for not backing up more often)

Normally I’d like to wait for someone else to check and try to fix the old computer but I have to have the POS up and running asap. Like yesterday.

Thanks

Alexis

Answers

• Alexis_8205419
    Alexis_8205419 Member Posts: 43

Sorry. And would I also need to download the QBW.ND & QBW.TLG files as well

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

If you have the latest qbw file just copy that to My Documents, or wherever you want to save it, and just open program, file - open company and navigate to relevant folder

• Alexis_8205419

I’ve downloaded reckon accounts but it won’t open the installer. I’m getting a window that says it’s an incompatible program. The computer is running windows 11

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

Did you download it from the members site

• Alexis_8205419

Yes I did. I fixed that. Had to take the system out of S mode. Should I install the tax update before trying to open the company file

• Alexis_8205419

All good, it just told me I had to do that anyway. Thank you so much for your help Kris.

• Kris_Williams

Congratulations, glad it all worked out