Data Validation Error

System
System Member Posts: 231 Moderator Moderator

Comments

• Bill Pidding
    Bill Pidding Member Posts: 9

When I tried today to send the data to the ATO I get the message "A data validation error has occurred, please check all employee data". I am not sure what I should be checking for?

Can you please advise.

Many thanks

William S Pidding 14/12/2022

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @Bill Pidding

Do you encounter this error message immediately after uploading your STP file to GovConnect OR is it upon submission? ie. sending it to the ATO?

Are you able to provide a screenshot of the error message that appears and attach it here?

Just to confirm, are you using Reckon Accounts Desktop or some other Reckon software?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Bill Pidding

Hu Rav,

I am using Reckon One.

I get the error message when I try the last step to send it to the ATO.

Sorry, it is difficult to do a screenshot as the message disappears only after about 5 seconds. It appears at the top of the page in red.

Thanks

Bill Pidding

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Thanks for getting back to me Bill.

Can I just ask, are there any new employees included in this particular pay run that you're attempting to submit?

Is there a chance they may have invalid or missing data in their profile information?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Rav

Hi again @Bill Pidding

Can I just confirm, if you retry sending through the submission again from Reckon One and then submitting again in GovConnect, does the error message keep appearing?

• Rav

Disregard the above @Bill Pidding

My dev team is currently investigating this as we speak. I'll keep you posted on progress.

• Bill Pidding

Many thanks,

BTW, there are no new employees in this week's pay run.

• Rav

Hi @Bill Pidding, me again.

My dev team have been working on rectifying this and they've let me know it should now be sorted.

What you'll need to do is go back into Reckon One and send the STP submission over to GovConnect again then submit it.

When you've got a chance can you give that a go and let me know if you still run into any trouble or if it works as normal.

Cheers

• Bill Pidding

Hi Rav,

I did what you suggested and it submitted successfully.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Bill

• Rav

Excellent, thanks for letting me know and for your patience while we sorted this out.

Cheers