Variable pay earnings sheep

Options
pmockler
pmockler Member Posts: 4
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

I have created an earnings item sheep and selected ‘other’ for the pay rate basis; however, when using this for an employee in a pay run it still gives me hours and rate per hour. How do I change this to number of sheep and rate per sheep

Best Answer

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,416 Community Manager Community Manager
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @pmockler

I've just tested this out by creating a new variable earnings item with the basis set to 'Other' to see if I can replicate what you're experiencing however in my case it shows Quantity (units) in the pay run. I'll add a screenshot of my earning item setup and what shows up in the pay run below.

Sorry to ask the basic but are you 100% certain the earning item has been created as a 'Variable' type earning item?

If you delete that particular earning item you've created and then recreate it in the app, does the same thing occur where the hours & rate per hour fields appear in the pay run?

Are you on the latest version of the Payroll App? (Currently v4.0.2, check your app store for any available updates).

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

Answers

• pmockler
    Options

Hi.

I tried what you said and got this

I have now updated. Deleted variable earning. Then added it again. Tried doing a pay run but when I go to add item under earnings, when editing employee, I get a death wheel then an error

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,416 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hmmm ok that's interesting and a bit odd.

Out of interest, what was the error message that appeared after you attempted to add the earning item in the pay run from your last screenshot?

Is this the first time you've tried creating a variable earning item for this type of use or have you been able to use it successfully in the past?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• pmockler
    Options

Hi.

I have managed to get it working properly now. Had to update phone as well as turn off and on. Eventually everything worked.

The error just said something went wrong.

Thanks for your help.