Something went wrong error

peter_10864857
peter_10864857 Member Posts: 5
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

16 th December and It’s not working

very frustration

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi Peter

Where is this error message appearing for you specifically? When you attempt to login to the Payroll App or when you're attempting to do something in the app eg. creating a pay run, adding an earning item etc?

Are you on the latest version of the Payroll App? (Currently version 4.0.2, check your app store for any available updates for you to install)

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• peter_10864857

Hi Rav

yes using 4.0.2

error occurs when trying to edit an employee’s ordinary hours in edit pay details screen

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Thanks Peter.

Can you please close down the app in full ie. swipe it away from any other apps that are currently running on your phone.

Reopen it again after 30 seconds and try again. Does the same behaviour continue after that?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• peter_10864857

Yes Rav

still the same

• peter_10864857

Hi Rav

i have tried that but still gave the problem

• Ilan Grauman
    Ilan Grauman Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2022

Hi I'm having the same problem. Unable to edit employees pay details. Running latest version. Tried logging out and back in again- still not working.

Actually I can't edit any screen including employee details. It says "Something went wrong" Reload/Logout.

• Rav

Thank you both for your reports on this Peter & @Ilan Grauman

I've spoken with my dev team and they are currently investigating this behaviour as we speak. Apologies for the inconvenience this is causing at the moment.

I'll keep you posted on progress as soon as I hear more info from the team

• Jaxs
    Jaxs Member Posts: 14

I am having the same problem too aargh.

When I try to edit an employees hours run it just wont load, showing a white screen with twirling icon going nowhere.

Any progress on fixing this

. Using an Iphone 13

• Rav

Hi @Jaxs

Our teams are currently investigating what the root cause of this is at the moment so hopefully we'll be able to understand the 'what & why' very soon so we can move forward to fixing it.

Apologies for the hassle this is causing at the moment. I'll keep everyone updated here with more info as soon as I can.

• Rav

Hi all,

Unfortunately, the cause of this issue is proving quite difficult to nail down. Our teams are continuing investigative work to understand what is causing the problem so we can determine the best way to solve it.

Work is ongoing at this stage. I'll keep you posted with more info as soon as it comes to hand.

• Rav

Hi again everyone

Our dev team have just completed some work in an effort to bring back some stability in the performance of the Payroll App that is currently affecting some users.

When you have a chance, can you please close the app down in full again (swipe it away from any other running apps). Reopen it and try actioning your tasks as you were trying to do previously.

Let me know how you get on.

• Jaxs
    Jaxs Member Posts: 14

Finally after several attempts again and the app not correcting 1 pesky staff members wage it worked ! Yay thanks for the help

• peter_10864857

Thank you👍

working well now 😁

• Rav

Thanks for confirming guys, glad its back to normal and apologies for the hassle it caused last week.

Sing out if you have any trouble in future.

Cheers

• accountability
    accountability Member Posts: 5

Hi there

I discovered the source of the issue: if you have more than 1 employee, and try to process the 2nd employee before the 1st one, the app has a meltdown.

Start from the top and work down ;-)