Will Data from Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2017 W7 fully install on 2022 W11

I have been running Reckon Accounts personal Plus 2017 on W7 for many years. Have recently purchased Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2022 to be installed on a new Laptop W11. The new 2022 will not install as it requests to UNINSTALL 2017from the old W7 laptop.

My concern is that I need confirmation that the saved DATA from 2017 W7 will transfer fully without loss of data to the new 2022 on W11.

Can you please help.

Many thanks

Answers

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,204 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert

It doesnt make sense, as the program and data are two seperate things, call me and we will sort it.

Your data should be safe and if you have backups thats even better.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• Bob_Zenger
    Bob_Zenger Member Posts: 4

There are two (2) Questions that need clarification.

1) Why do I need to UNINSTALL the old Reckon Accounting personal plus 2017 on the old W7 laptop. This instruction comes from Reckon when I try to Install 2022 on W11 on a new laptop.

2) I have the saved Data File from 2017 W7, If I UNISTALL 2017 from the old W7 laptop, I need confirmation that the saved 2017 data file will fully install in the new Reckon Accounts personal plus 2022 on W11.

Hope you can help

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,204 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert

You do not need to uninstall Legally you should but you don't have to if you're not using the old one.

Your data file will be fine

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• Bob_Zenger

Thanks Gerry, but its Reckon that are forcing me to UNINSTALL the old 2017. I cannot install the new 2022 until the old 2017 is Uninstalled. Has any one else had this experience, is this something new that Reckon has introduced that you cannot operate a 2017 on W7 and a 2022 program onW11.

Await your findings

regards

Bob

• GerryWinter

Rubbish call and we will sort it.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• Bob_Zenger

Hi Gerry,

Before I get a chance to talk to you over the phone I have attached three (3) photos which show:

1) new Reckon accounts personal Plus 2022 Unzipped all O/K

2) new Reckon to install in the W11 laptop ready to install but will not proceed due to icon message requesting an Uninstall.

3) the icon message requesting an Uninstall of a previous Reckon accounts Installed. I only have the Reckon accounts personal plus 2017 in W7 on an old laptop which I am using at present.

There are no other accounts in operation.

Await your comments

Regards

Bob

• GerryWinter

Call me tomorrow early morning

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"