" Mark as paid failed" error

Monir
Monir Member Posts: 15
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

" Mark as paid failed" error. Can't send payrun to ATO.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi Monir

Can you please give this another go when you can today and let us know if you still experience this issue.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Monir

Hi Rav thank you for your response. I tried today same error, "failed to mark as pay run" Thanks.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Thanks for trying Monir, are you on the latest version of the Payroll App? Currently, v5.0.12? Check your app store for any available updates.

A couple more questions -

• Are all the employees that you've included in this pay run in an active status?
    • Are any superannuation funds and superannuation items that are used in the pay run also all in an active status?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Monir

Hi Rav yes using current version of the app. No not all employees are active. No supernuation fund used. Thanks

• Simp-son Andrea
    Simp-son Andrea Member Posts: 7

Hi I have the same issue from the same date, I have tried many times, even tried to redo the whole process however still won’t accept and comes up the the same error as the Monir has encountered

• swakhlu01 .
    swakhlu01 . Member Posts: 482 Payroll App Expert Payroll App Expert

@Rav is any one from Payroll app customer support team answering support issues at the moment? I am unable to lodge the STP payrun - getting Mark As Paid failed error.

• swakhlu01 .

@Rav - update . Eventually after a few attempts, the Payrun showed "Paid" status but did not show up in the STP tab. Swiped out of the app and logged in again.

This time the Payrun tab showed Done and STP tab shows processing. Must have been some glitch. Though I am doubtful if the YTD summary is showing the correct RESC amount. Will check in a few days to see what is reported in ATO Income statement of employee.

• NedKelly
    NedKelly Member Posts: 1

I have been unable to complete this pay run for 3 days straight !!

What could possibly be the issue ?

• TLee
    TLee Member Posts: 59 ✭✭

@Rav ive also been trying to submit my pay summary but it comes back with a box stating ; “Failed to mark pay run as paid. Try again later.” I’ve tried many times with no success can you please assist? Thx

• swakhlu01 .

I am guessing Reckon support is on holidays. Just wanted to reflect my concern that YTD summary as of 30Dec22 is not showing correct Reportable Employee Super Contribution (RESC) amount. It is not consistent with the summation of individual payruns since 1 Jul 22. Unfortunately the employee ATO YTD Income statement is showing the same figure as Reckon YTD summary for the employee. Is there a bug in Reckon Payroll app YTD summary RESC calculations?

This will also impact how much amount we should deposit in employee superannuation fund for consistency with ATO records.

• Rav

Hi everyone

Can I just clarify with you all, are you all on version 5.0.12 of the Payroll App when you encounter the 'Failed to mark pay run as paid' error message? (Check your app store for any available updates for your app)

Secondly, if you're already on the latest version, is it appearing consistently on every single pay run you attempt to create? Or does it appear intermittently ie. some pay runs are successfully created and completed?

• TLee

Hi Rav,

I can confirm im using the latest version of the App 5.0.12. The payrun i tried to submit last Monday is still sitting in a DRAFT format as Im unable to submit it still. I tried to submit this weeks payrun yesterday and having the same problem. So i now have 2 weeks of payruns in a DRAFT position unable to be lodged/submitted. Please assist. I use ipad app and am a paying subscriber. Thanks.

• Rav

Thanks for confirming @TLee

Apologies for asking this as I know it might be a bit of work for you but can I get you to delete both of those pay runs that are in draft status and recreate them in the app (or Payroll Web https://payroll.reckon.com since you're on the premium plan) and let me know if you have any success.

• swakhlu01 .

@Rav Definitely on v 5.0.12 of Payroll App now. As I mentioned in previous post, the RESC reported in Summary was not matching total payruns. But it seems one of the previous payruns in Sept 22 was miscalculated for Superannuation rate. (in the earlier app versions the RESC split was not visible)

Just to confirm Payrun YTD summary is consistentent with total payrun for RESC and is correctly reported in Employee ATO YTD Income statement.

So no problem at this stage from my end, except last payrun on 30 Dec 22 is showing as DONE but it created 3 STP events including one as Update event al showing success.

• TLee

Gee @Rav , it takes a long time for me to do this the first time let alone delete it and do it again! Each employee has so many different pay rates due to public holidays, weekend, age and the super requirements kicking in over 30 hours for juniors, etc etc. I wish all these set options could remain in place for each employee so I could just use the option i required that particular pay week and add a zero to those options not required that payrun week. Starting from scratch each time is so cumbersome and unnecessary.

I will spend by night tonight doing both again via webpage. I really hope it works.

• Rav

@TLee

I totally understand where you're coming from and apologies for asking. If you've got a lot of employee swith varying pay then I'd recommend you check out the Pay Setup feature which is available on the Premium plan which you've mentioned you've subscribed to.

It allows you to essentially pre-load earning, allowance and deduction items to an employee so that you don't have to re-enter them from scratch each time you create a pay run. There's more info including a short demo video in the release notes announcement here.

• TLee

Thanks @Rav I will check it out.

in regards to my initial problem with the pay run not lodging, I re did the first weeks failed attempt last night on the web page. After checking each and every employee entry I discovered that the app made an error in not adding two pay types together for one employee, to make a gross total. It used only one of the pay types. I deleted that one and re did it and it worked fine from there. But it was a needle in a haystack situation that took me a couple hours!! Im having to do this weeks payrun again tonight to try to find what the possible error could be for it not to be submitting on this one. Another needle in a haystack thats a software error. To say I’m not thrilled would be an understatement. After a long hot day at work, this is not what i need….to fix up your softwares errors. How about throw some credit to my subscription account? 6 hours minimum of my time worth. Surely thats a fair request?