Tax amount is incorrect

zerofloat
zerofloat Member Posts: 16 ✭

Zerofloat Pty Ltd

employee : Eesha Parekh

tax withheld amount getting incorrect not matching with with tax free threshold or even no tax free threshold.

I tried to over write correct amount but app keep closing . Please let me know what can I do? Screen shot attached for pay run and company detail.

Tagged:

Answers

• zerofloat

@Rav

please respond when you get a chance.

happy holidays

• zerofloat

Hi @Rav

Please let me know how can we resolve. App keeps closing when manually enter the correct withholding tax. I need to submit the pay run

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,377 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @zerofloat

Which version of the Payroll App are you using? Are you on the latest version which is currently 5.0.12?

Check your app store for any available updates for you to download and install.

If you are already on the latest version of the Payroll App then can you let me know which earning item you're using for this employee ie. are you using the default Ordinary earning item or are you using a custom earning item that you've created yourself?

If its the latter, have you set that item up to be tax applicable?

ℹī¸ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• zerofloat

I am in latest app version.

I have used ordinary earnings as well as own created bonus item as attached

how do I make correct tax payments setting if they are not

• zerofloat
    edited January 2023

I managed to create new earning item bonus and able submit pay run. It was still calculating $780 tax for $4432 gross earning. I have changed manually tax amount to $732. I had salary sacrifice in this pay run too. Let me know how to see al with this tax calculator error in future. Thanks

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,377 Community Manager Community Manager

There isn't enough information so far in how the pay run has been created ie. what components make up the pay run and the employee's setup to determine what is going on.

As an example, I've created a pay run from what I can gather from your example so for.

• Pay Date: 28 December 2022
    • Pay Period: 1 - 31 December 2022
    • Casual employee
    • Tax Scale 1: Tax free threshold not claimed (in my example)
    • Default ordinary earnings item used

Tax calculates at the correct rate

Please provide more information on the make up of the pay run itself and the employee's tax scale information along with what you expect the tax amount to be.

ℹī¸ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• zerofloat

Hi @Rav

In my case Tax free threshold claimed and payg tax amount should be $732 and not $780.

I have attached ato calculator screenshot as well.

In your example as per ATO calculation if threshold is not claimed then should be $1261 and not $1430

unless I am using incorrect calculation. Let me know . Thanks

• zerofloat

@Rav any feedback? Thanks