📢 IMPORTANT - A change to how you login to Reckon Accounts Hosted

Options
Rav
Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,389 Community Manager Community Manager
edited April 17 in Accounts Hosted

A change to how you login to Reckon Accounts Hosted

Hi everyone

Due to recent suspicious login attempts on the Reckon Accounts Hosted login page, we are making changes to the way you login to Reckon Accounts Hosted as of tonight.

When you sign up for Reckon Accounts Hosted, you are provided with an automatically generated User ID in the format 123456-1 etc. On your first login to Reckon Accounts Hosted (using the User ID), you are prompted to create a unique User Name as part of the login and setup process.

After that point, historically Reckon Accounts Hosted users have been able to then login using either your User ID or User Name.

In an effort to further enhance the security of the Reckon Accounts Hosted environment and protect your account, as of tonight, you will no longer be able to login to Reckon Accounts Hosted using your User-ID (e.g. 123456-1).

Instead, you must login to Reckon Accounts Hosted using your User Name.

I don't know my User Name, what do I do?

If you're not sure what your User Name is, its super easy to find.

• Simply click the 'Forgotten User Name' link on the login screen
  • Enter the email address that is associated with your Reckon Accounts Hosted account
  • An email will be sent to you with your User Name details which you can use to login

My email address is associated with multiple User ID's, what do I do?

If you are attempting to recover your user name and have entered your email address but are encountering a message stating "Multiple users are associated with this email address" you will be prompted to enter your first and last name so the correct account can be determined.

Once completed, an email will be sent to you with your User Name details which you can use to login.

How do I find the user names for the additional users in my account?

You can find the user names of all your users in the Reckon Accounts Hosted control panel. Login to Reckon Accounts Hosted ➡ Control Panel ➡ Manage Users.

You will see the details of all your users including their user names.

If you have any questions or concerns, please drop a comment below and we'll do our best to assist.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

Comments

699743 Member Posts: 1
    Options

How do I change my numeral username to alphabetical ? Can you supply me with some procedures on this - thanks

• NEILR
    NEILR Reckon Staff Posts: 29 Reckon Staff
    Options

On the login window where you usually enter your UserId and Password, you will see a “Forgotten Username” link, click that and follow the prompts to retrieve your user name.

We’ll be posting detailed step by step instructions and further info on the community first thing in the morning.

• Sun Lim
    Sun Lim Member Posts: 2
    Options

I tried that but because I use my email address for my own log in plus same email to register for other clients, it won’t let me continue. Please let me know what to do next? It’s urgent!

• MBFC
    MBFC Member Posts: 1
    Options

I have a few clients with Reckon hosted accounts. I don’t think I know all the email addresses associated with all the accounts. What do I do in the event that I don’t know the email address associated with a client’s file? Or does if the email address is no longer valid? Is there any other way to retrieve the username?

• Mark de Jong
    Mark de Jong Member Posts: 1
    Options

Why can I not sign in today please help if you can

• davemac
    davemac Member Posts: 1
    Options

I have sent a username request to both and the only 2 possible associated emails and I have not received an email ??

• JoFsads
    JoFsads Member Posts: 2
    Options

The "forgot username" link does not work!

This is just not good enough, fix the issue, I dont have time to sit on the phone waiting for support when you know you are going to have mulitple people with the same issues!

• SteveW
    SteveW Member Posts: 1
    Options

Having the same issue as above.

Just need to send an invoice. Come on reckon, help us out!

• NEILR
    Options

@davemac Ive just sent you your Usernames.

You should be able to access my message via these icons

• CDK
    CDK Member Posts: 9
    Options

I can't even open the log in page now. Is it up and running?

• CDK
    Options

I can't access the web page either.

• NEILR
    Options

Hi @CDK

what happens when you try to access the page?

• CDK
    Options

The first few times I got the same 403 error as Mark de Jong, now I'm getting the Reckon icon egg timer permanently.

• Loretta Wisdom-Zagon
    Loretta Wisdom-Zagon Member Posts: 36
    Options

Hi Rav

Before doing above I thought there was a problem with my password so asked for it to be reset! I now have a password generated from your team to log into Reckon Hosted. Can I change this?

• CDK
    Options

Gone instantly, assuming you've done something 😁

• Trish
    Trish Member Posts: 39
    Options

We have lost 2 users - they are not showing in Manage Users

• CDK
    Options

AND it's super fast. I was working on the 5th January and it was going at a snail's pace. If I could have, I'd have thrown it out the window. Maybe it was the hackers using up the resources (if that's possible).

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,389 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Morning everyone

@Mark de Jong @CDK

If you are having trouble accessing the usual Reckon Accounts Hosted login page, please ensure you use this URL - https://hosted.reckon.com/

It should work normally and take you through but let me know if you have trouble.

Hi @Loretta Wisdom-Zagon

Yes you can change your Reckon Accounts Hosted login password by following the steps below -

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• LAB
    LAB Member Posts: 2
    Options

We have multiple users associated with our hosted account. When asked to enter name it still comes up with the same message, how do I get around this? thanks

• Andrea White
    Andrea White Member Posts: 4
    Options

I keep getting an "unexpected error" message when I enter the email address to try to recover the username. What do I do now??? I need to process payroll today.

• Trish
    Trish Member Posts: 39
    Options

The 'Log off Remote Sessions' function is not working...

• Rav
    Options

Hi @LAB

Can you please shoot me the User ID, email address and file name/company name that you're trying to recover the user name for in a Private Message and I'll ask the team to check it out.

• SUE GREEN
    SUE GREEN Member Posts: 27
    Options

I've finally worked out the email address and name for the account and reset the password (twice). Entered the Reckon generated password and I'm still getting and error 'invalid username or password or disabled user'. Please help - it's payroll day!

• Rav
    Options

Hi @SUE GREEN

Can you shoot me a Private Message with the User ID, user name and email address for the account you're receiving the disabled user message on and I'll see if I can get this sorted for you.

• Jennie Jessup
    Jennie Jessup Member Posts: 8
    Options

Same issues as above two users registered under same name and email address so can't reset user name. Call centre is at capacity so call drops out. I need to log in today...we should have been given more notice of this change, the email came in after I had knocked off yesterday.

• Rav
    Options

Hi @Jennie Jessup

Can certainly understand where you're coming from and we'd loved to have given our valued Reckon Accounts Hosted users a lot more notice of this change. Unfortunately, however our teams needed to move very rapidly on this in order to combat the suspicious login attempts being made and protect your accounts.

If you can shoot me the User ID's, email address, company/file name in a Private Message I'll see if I can take a look at this for you.

• Julie Flegg
    Julie Flegg Member Posts: 2
    Options

How do I change my user names (multiple) as they are the numeric IDs

• PatAK
    PatAK Member Posts: 2
    Options

I have always used the original account ID to I don't know the other user ID.

When I try to login, I go to the forgot username, there is no panel to send an email to reset.

I put in my email address but didn't receive an email.

• Rav
    Options

Hi @PatAK

The Hosted login screen was having a few issues which are now resolved.

Can you please give it another go when you can and let me know if you still have any trouble.

Cheers

• PatAK
    PatAK Member Posts: 2
    Options

Thank you, I got in, I used the link  https://hosted.reckon.com/ that you posted in an earlier reply.

From there I was able to use my original login I was allocated by reckon.

So I've retrieved my User name and changed my password.

• Rav
    Options

Excellent work @PatAK 👏 Thanks for letting me know

• Jasmine Daffin
    Jasmine Daffin Member Posts: 7
    edited January 2023
    Options

Ive been trying to log into Reckon since 9 am and its now 1.05pm.

Every time I've tried to get into the forgotten username, it sends me to a page saying:

An unexpected error occurred :(

Go Back

I've rung technical support, but they just keep telling me to keep trying as there is a fault. Can anyone please help as I have customers ringing for their invoices

• Rav
    Options

Hi @Jasmine Daffin, really sorry to hear you've been having difficulties in recovering your user name.

Does that error message appear immediately after clicking the 'Forgot user name' option on the login screen OR does it appear after you enter your email address and click the 'Request User Name' button?

Can you send me a Private Message with your User ID, email address, company name/file name and your full name and I'll see if I can get your user name details for you.

• Jasmine Daffin
    Jasmine Daffin Member Posts: 7
    Options

Hi Rav,

the error message comes after I have entered my email address.

• Neil Woodward
    Neil Woodward Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2023
    Options

I also received the multiple user message when I tried to get my User Name sent which I thought was strange.

However I put my thinking cap on and decided what User Name I was likely to have chosen, got it on my second try, so decided to see what other uses there are.

Two other users, both me, both inactive, from when I was first setting up in the system but there was a glitch stopping me from getting proper access, so a new account number was created and from then on, I had no access issues.

Is there a way of deleting the two inactive users? They are neither needed , nor useful to have sitting there.

1578712 Member Posts: 11
    Options

HI I am having trouble logging in as well.

I have requested my username, thinking that was the problem.

I have requested a new password, thinking that is the problem.

I have attached a screenshot of the results of my trying.

Nothing has worked.

Help please

• Rav
    Options

Hi @1578712

If you give our Hosted support team a call on 1300 799 150 we'll be able to assist in getting your user name details for you.

• Grushenka
    Grushenka Member Posts: 2
    Options

I am also having trouble getting my user name sent to me after putting my email address in, it comes with up with "Unexpected error accurred :("

Reckon needs to get on top of this, we all need to do our wages. Please give us a solution.

• Rav
    Options

Hi @Grushenka

Can you post a screenshot of the error message you're receiving on-screen after entering your email address please