IMPORTANT NOTICE: Reckon Accounts Hosted security enhancements

Options
Rav
Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
edited May 2023 in Accounts Hosted

IMPORTANT NOTICE: New security enhancements for Reckon Accounts Hosted

Please be advised that we have introduced further security enhancements to the Reckon Accounts Hosted service, which will affect the way you login to your Reckon Accounts Hosted account. 

The Reckon Accounts Hosted service provides clients the ability to manage their users, company files, and general administration of their accounts. Further security enhancements have been implemented to ensure that our users can continuously use Reckon Accounts Hosted safely, securely, and reliably.

Check out details of the new security changes below -

Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)

You can now choose to enable MFA when logging in to your Reckon Accounts Hosted service using an additional authentication method, this is done by providing a verification code received from your phone before allowing access to the Hosted Dashboard.

For detailed information on setting up and using MFA with Reckon Accounts Hosted, check out our guide below -

Increased password length requirements

The minimum requirements for Reckon Accounts Hosted passwords have been increased from 7 characters to 10 characters allowing more security and complexity against any unauthorised users in gaining access to your data.

Existing passwords wont be affected however the next time the password is updated, it will need to meet the new minimum requirement of ten characters.

Improved password reset function 

Overall improvement in the password reset process introducing a reset code method as an extra layer of protection for the user including passwords no longer being sent via email.

More info on Reckon Accounts Hosted's recent security enhancements in the articled linked below -

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

Comments

• AnnJenn24EvisonGrain
    AnnJenn24EvisonGrain Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2023
    Options

When setting up the verification code can you assign more than one phone number, then choose that phone number when logging in? Once the employee leaves the establishment would it be easy to remove the phone number from the log in process.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Morning @AnnJenn24EvisonGrain

MFA can only be assigned to one phone number.

Revoking the phone number for MFA is very easy and can be actioned either by selecting the 'Remove MFA' option and using the code that is received on the existing assigned phone number.

If you don't have the existing phone number eg. if the employee has already left and taken the phone number with them, then you can use the Recovery PIN option to remove the existing MFA.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• NarellePaterson
    NarellePaterson Member Posts: 111 ✭✭
    Options

How will enabling MFA effect my accountant access to my Reckon.

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,293 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

Enabling MFA is only for lodging STP, won’t make any difference to logging into the file

• Rav
    Options

Hi @Kris_Williams, I think @NarellePaterson is referring to the new MFA functionality that is now available on the Reckon Accounts Hosted service itself (info in the guide in my opening post).

@NarellePaterson if you activate MFA on your Reckon Accounts Hosted account, its only active on that specific account login. I'm assuming your accountant uses their own Hosted account and you've shared your file with them and if that's the case then there's nothing you need to do since they'll be logging in with their own separate account.

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,293 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

Oh ok @Rav , thanks. I’ll have to read up on it