upgrading to stp2 on the phone app

terry2021
terry2021 Member Posts: 8
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

upgradeed to premium , retstarted phone and app . went to settings pressed 'switch to stp phase 2' and got this list of missing info. These items ARE in the Settings -> Pay Items areas and for the Employee missing info. , they are Australian employees so NO Home Country needs/can be entered .

Any ideas ? Thanks terry

Answers

• freddy
    freddy Member Posts: 4

same here, i did enter the employment type-which does state it is optional- but apparently its not,

also have only australian employees,

i'm also being asked to update archived employees, people i no longer employ!

also curious as to why all employee phone details are to be sent to the ato

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @terry2021

Good feedback here, thanks for this.

The 'Switch to STP Phase 2' button in Settings ➡ Single Touch Payroll is part 2 of the overall process for Payroll App users to make the transition to STP Phase 2. That will happen a little later down the track.

At the moment we're encouraging folks to get prepared by collecting and entering in the new information requirements for phase 2 compliance which it looks like you're doing at the moment.

It is however interesting that you're getting the prompt of 'Home Country' is missing on a non-WHM employee. Aside from the 'Home Country', are the other STP Phase 2 fields that are highlighted in that message also completed in each employee profile? ie. STP Phase 2 type & Income Stream Code.

If you head over to the STP Ready Checklist on Payroll App Web (https://payroll.reckon.com/) do you have any outstanding tasks listed there?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• terry2021

yes went thru the stage 2 steps on the phone app. with - https://payroll.reckon.com/stp2/checklist when i press 'upgrade and start preparing' i always get the message attached = 'something went wrong'

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hmmm ok, so there seems to be something a bit different going on there as well 😟

I just had a chat with our support team and can I get you to just go over ALL of the fields in the employee profile, in particular the ones marked optional such as job title, mobile number, gender etc etc and fill them in if they are blank.

Once that is done for all employees, can I get you to log back into Payroll App Web and try out the Ready Checklist one more time.

Would be pretty keen to hear how you get on.

Cheers

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• terry2021

Went thru ALL fields for both employees for general, tax, leave and super areas - all set.

There was a strange error re duplicate employee no. on Terry and Sue. i just added 0 to the end = 10 and 20 to get around this. Was this perhaps confusing these live employees with the ones in archive (i dont know how they got in archive to begin with !?). Anyway , i press 'upgrade and start preparing ' and continue to get the 'something went wrong message'

i did manage to create a pay run and sent it off this am to the ATO, so thats 1 positive :-)

• terry2021

p.s. and still getting same errors on the phone app. re 'switch to stp phase 2'

• Rav

Thanks for trying @terry2021

I just had a chat with our app devs, and a couple of things to update you on.

First, yes the Home Country parameter appearing on a non-WHM employee isn't expected and its something the team are investigating and will address. For now you can just disregard that on employees who are not WHM's. Once the team have completed their work on our end it'll update and display normally ie. not appear for employee's who are Resident's etc.

Second, we'll need to take a further look at why the Ready Checklist isn't appearing properly for you as that's the method we'd recommend our Payroll App users take to get ready for phase 2 requirements.

Can I get you to shoot me the ABN that you've registered to your Payroll App account, I think it might be worth raising a ticket to our devs to investigate that 'Something went wrong' error.

• terry2021

ok - abn 14 006 461 123

thanks

• Rav

Thanks @terry2021

I've put this together into a case and shot it over to the devs to look at further. I'll let you know once I hear back from them.

In the meantime though, I just recalled a fellow user experienced something similar last week and after changing browsers they were then able to access the Checklist. If you've got a chance, can you try logging in on an alternate browser and just check if that works for you?

• terry2021

I use google chrome, just tried MS Edge and samsung internet browser (on phone) ... same error message

• Rav

Ok no worries, thanks for trying. I'll wait to hear further news from the devs from the ticket I've sent them and I'll let you know as soon as I do.

• Rav

Hi @terry2021

I've just heard back from my dev team and they've advised this should now be solved.

When you have a chance can you please try accessing the STP Phase 2 Checklist again in Payroll Web and let me know if its successful for you?

Cheers

• terry2021

Hi Rav

Thanks Yep, I got in and followed the checklist check items - all quite user friendly. So I think I'm ready to switch, when Reckon is :-)

Thanks for your help.

• Rav

Excellent to hear, thanks so much for letting me know as well 😊👍