ATO Error Message

lunacat
lunacat Member Posts: 29
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

The ATO has sent me an error message saying The value specified for an item does not match the item type(value="702.59". Item type = Decimal, uniqueID=http//www.sbr.gov.au/ato/payevntemp:EmployerContributrionsSuperannuationGuaranteeA) Hint:The Mininclusive constraint failed.

Can you please help me with this issue?

Best Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    Answer ✓

Glad we got to the bottom of it, good work and glad its sorted 😊

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    Answer ✓

Ok thanks for checking that.

In this case, to me anyway, it sounds like you've done everything you need to. As I said before, your last successful STP submission for Feb will have already got your YTD balances updated on the ATO end.

From here, I'd recommend that you perform your next usual pay run and submission when the time comes for it, which I imagine is likely not too far off. I'd strongly suspect you won't have any issues moving forward since you've corrected the negative balance that was in the initial YTD previously.

If you do though, let me know.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

Answers

• Rav

Hi @lunacat

You'll need to review the super guarantee component of that pay run as something isn't right. From the looks of the error message its referencing a decimal so its potentially related to that.

Are you using the default super guarantee item in the pay run?

• lunacat

I will check and see if I am. However at the moment I cannot access the employees page in a payrun to look at that. I updated the Reckon payroll app today and since then I have not been unable to access the employees page in a payrun for both the current payrun or any previous payruns.

Is the update not working properly?

Can you please help me with this problem Rav?

• Rav

Apologies for that @lunacat, we're looking into that issue affecting the ability to create or load pay runs at the moment. I'll post updates specific to that in the announcement here -

• lunacat

Thank you for letting me know Rav.

• Rav

Hi @lunacat

Just wanted to let you know there is a new update available for the Payroll App that we've released overnight that resolves the pay run loading issue.

Check out more info in the announcement below -

• lunacat

Hi Rav,

I have downloaded the new update and I can now load the employee page. Thank you for that. However, I am still experiencing the same error message from the ATO.

The ATO has sent me an error message saying:

The value specified for an item does not match the item type(value="-702.59". Item type = Decimal, uniqueID=http//www.sbr.gov.au/ato/payevntemp:EmployerContributrionsSuperannuationGuaranteeA) Hint:The Mininclusive constraint failed.

I have also deleted the payrun and resubmitted it but it was also rejected. I am not using any negatives in the item values for the superannuation for Salary sacrifice or Super Guarrantee and the decimal points appear to be in the correct position etc. like the error message suggests. So I am not sure what the problem is. I have also phoned the ATO for help however, over the last three days the ATO have not being accepting any phones calls and refer you to the website.

I hope you can you please help me further with this issue?

• Rav

Hi @lunacat

Can you show me a screenshot of how the pay run is being constructed, specifically the pay items being entered and their respective balances. Screenshot example to the left.

I notice that the error message in your latest reply shows -702.59 (ie. a negative) for Super Guarantee which the error message in the opening post didn't. Was that just a typo or has the error message changed in respect to that value?

If the super guarantee is somehow being entered or calculating as a negative balance then that will definitely be the cause but just need to understand how its coming about.

• lunacat

Hi Rav,

How is it going g with a solution to my issue?

• Rav

When taking a look at the screenshots of that pay run, there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it or at least isn't jumping out at me anyway.

As a test I tried recreating it in my own account and sending it through just to see if I can replicate but seemed to work normally in my case ie. I received a Success status. (Although this was in the dev environment so its not exactly an accurate comparison but just wanted to check).

Have you been able to send pay runs for these two employees successfully before? In particular with the same pay items that you're using now? ie. have you received this error message before or is this the first time?

Sorry to ask but if you create the pay run with just one employee and send it through, does it go through successfully for both or does on in particular return the error? I just want to try isolating which employee this error is occurring for.

• lunacat

Hi Rav,

Yes, I have been able to send pay runs for these two employees successfully before up until the 31st July 2022. Then when I sent the next pay run in October 22 it came back as rejected however, I did not notice this until last week that it had been rejected along with the most recent payrun on 28 Feb 2023 which was rejected as well.

I tried sending the pay run for individual employees and employee Phil came back as Success but the other one Maree came back as Rejected. So it appears that the pay run for Maree has the problem in it. This narrows it down a bit. So need to know what is wrong with the Maree payrun?

• Rav
    edited March 2023

Hmmm ok. The rejection error message on Maree's pay run is the same as before?

Usually this response message back from the ATO is pretty easy to identity because its egregiously wrong but your pay runs seem fine on the face value of it.

Can I get you to head over to Maree's employee profile and then tap on the YTD Summary tab and tap on the current 2022/23 financial year. Since Single Touch Payroll is reported on a YTD basis only, I want to see what the current YTD total for Maree's super is listed as in the app for the financial year as that will be total balance that is being sent.

If it shows as a negative there or at least something unusual then that'll show us what needs to be corrected.

• lunacat

The YTD Summary is showing that the superannuation is -$702.57. think this is the problem. How do I fix this?

• Rav

Cool, I thought this would get us back on track.

Ok, what you need to do is remove that by editing the YTD for super. Enter in the correct value for super for 2022/23 LESS the amount of super that will be getting added via the pay run.

Basically you just need to get that balance back to what it is in reality up to the point before you send through the current pay run for Maree.

Hopefully that makes sense but let me know if it doesn't.

• lunacat

Screenshot of negative ytd super

• lunacat

I will try this and let you know

• lunacat

Hi Rav,

I changed the figure for the superannuation on the ytd summary as you suggested and resubmitted the payrun for Maree and it was successful

Thank you very much for your help.as you suggested and resubmitted the pay run for 282023 and it wasuccesshs

• swakhlu01 .
    swakhlu01 . Member Posts: 482 Payroll App Expert Payroll App Expert

Good to hear the submission is successful. However, it is intriguing to know how in YTD Summary the Superannuation amount or for that matter any amount entered in the Payrun can be negative. Maybe I am missing something important. Also how does one edit the YTD summary for the employee other than adding or removing amounts from the Initial YTD summary - which means take into account any previous payments outside of the STP payrun commencing.

• lunacat

After my last comment about the payrun for 23rd Feb 23 being successful I then resubmitted the payrun that had previously been rejected by the ATO for.28th Oct22 and it came back as rejected again with an error message regarding negative amounts in the super guarantee entries. I then checked the ytd summary and it does not show any negative amounts. I have attached a screenshot of the error message. I wish I understood why this is happening as I never Entry negative amounts in any of the pay runs. Can you please help me.

• lunacat

Swakhalu01

Thank you for your comment. I am not aware of any other way to update the ytd summary apart from manually as it does not appear to automatically update after each pay run. Also your comment regarding negative amounts in superannuation is a good point as no negative amounts are entered. Would be good to know why this is happening so I can correct it.

• lunacat

Hi Rav,

Can you please help me with this issue that when I resubmitted the pay run that had previously been rejected by the ATO for 28th Oct,22 it came back as rejected with an error message saying that there are negative amount in the super guarantee contributions. Please see my previously post above. I have attached a screenshot for your information. I hope you can help me.

• Rav

Hi @lunacat

STP is reported on a Year to Date basis only so the (successful) submission that you sent for 23 Feb will have already updated your employee YTD balances on the ATO end.

In regard to the next submission for the older pay period you sent again being rejected, go back into the employee YTD as you did before and confirm whether there is a negative balance showing up again for super for the respective employee.

• lunacat

Hi Rav

I have looked at each employees ytd summary and I can confirm there are no negative balances showing for either employee.

• Rav

Hi @lunacat

Does that also include any of the employee's 'Initial YTD' balances that may have been entered?

You'll find that by tapping the 'View Initial YTD' option at the bottom of the YTD Summary. I've added a screen recording as an example below but its just an example from my test account where I'm checking the 2021/22 initial YTD balances for that employee. Use your discretion for the respective financial year in question for your specific case.

• lunacat

I have checked the Initial YTD balances as you suggest for both employees and there are no negative balances entered.

• lunacat

Thanks for your help Rav. I am glad it is okay now

I have one more question for you.

The balance amounts on the ytd summary for 2022-2023 year are a lot more than what my employees have been paid etc from 1 July 2022 to the last payrun on 23 Feb 2023. For example one employee has earned $17675 however the ytd summary for 2022-2023 shows a balance of $61449.80. The balances for tax, superannuation are also not the correct amounts for the ytd balances as well.

Can you please tell me how to alter these incorrect balances to the correct ytd balances? Thank you.

• Rav

The balance in the YTD Summary is made up of all pay runs that are marked as paid PLUS any initial YTD balance in the employee profile for the respective financial year.

Since we've been trying on a few occasions to get your submissions right I'm assuming you'll have a bunch of pay runs for 2022/23 that are marked as paid but are unnecessary because they were made in an effort to try get the submissions through, would that be correct?

If that's the case, I'd suggest deleting any of those unnecessary pay runs and that will amend the balances you see in the YTD Summary. Just ensure you keep that latest one where the submission was successful.

• lunacat

Do I delete to pay runs that were rejected and if so how do I delete them?

• Rav

Go into the pay run itself and tap on the menu button and select the option to switch it back to draft.

Then tap the menu button again and select delete pay run

• lunacat

I do not have any additional pay runs than what there should beas I deleted the Pay runs first and then set up a new pay run each time before submitting it again to the ATO. The only pay runs I have that are additional pay runs are the rejected ones from the Ato.

• Rav

Can you do me a favour and logout of your Payroll App account entirely (Settings ➡ Logout) and then close the app down in full ie. swipe it away from any of the other apps currently running on your phone.

There have been quite a few edits/changes that have occurred to your balances & pay runs so I'm wondering whether the app hasn't 'caught up' to all that and logging out will force a resync of sorts, although I don't think its usually required.

Log back in after a few minutes and then recheck the 2022/23 YTD Summary for each employee.

If they are still inaccurate can you shoot me a screenshot of the YTD Summary screen for each employee in a Private Message along with brief summary of what each balance should be.

• lunacat

Hi Rav

Can you send me your private message address to spend screenshots as you requested?

• Rav

Click on my name and then select the 'Message' button.