Reckon Payroll App Premium Version

Ray_10758703
Ray_10758703 Member Posts: 27
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

I have just signed up to the Premium version of this app and for some reason I cannot complete February's payrun.

I have entered the relevant data, as I always do but for some reason when I try to 'mark the item as paid', it will not allow me to. A dashboard appears stating....

"Failed to mark payrun as paid"

"This payrun can't be finished because it contains at least one inactive employee".

Why would this occur? I have been entering payruns for a long time now using the same details as always. What has changed all of a sudden that my only employee is now 'inactive'?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited March 2023

Hi Ray

Is that specific employee in an Archived status?

To check go to the Employees menu and confirm whether that employee appears in the Active or Archived tab.

If the above is all ok, then check whether you have any pay items eg. earning items, super items and/or super funds in an inactive status. If you do, then switch them back to Active. To check this go to the Settings menu and go through the super funds, and pay item options. (THIS IS IMPORTANT)

Failing all of that, then delete that pay run and recreate it. Confirm whether you continue to encounter the same error.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Ray_10758703

Cheers Rav

I have gone through the items and found my Super was inactive. I have activated it and as a result was able to process my payrun easily. Thank you very much for that.

There's one other thing I would like help with...

The email address associated with my account is obsolete and has been for some time now. I do have a new email address that needs to be married to the account holders name.

I was told by a Reckon employee in an 'online chat' conversation, I needed to contact customerservice@reckon.com, to inform them of the required change.

I have sent them 2 emails in the last 3 days explaining my account, the email associated with it, the fact it is obsolete and given the new email for them to delete and replace, yet I have heard nothing from them and still, after 3 days there is no change.

What do I need to do?

Regards

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Sorry to hear you were advised that, I'll feed this back to the support team as we can do much better than that. Its actually pretty easy to update the email address on your account and can be done yourself. I'll link a post below which outlines the exact steps -

Just one thing to note

• The new email address that you're changing TO must not already be associated with an existing Reckon account.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Ray_10758703

Rav I have done this already and my personal email address has changed.

I am referring to my employer (my partner), who the account belongs to. When I open the Reckon App and go to settings, her name is at the very top of the page and in full capital letters. Underneath her name is an email address. That particular email address is obsolete and has been for some time now.

I need to change that email address to a current one and there's nowhere on the App or online that I can find how to do it.

I have attached a screenshot of the settings page and you will not the name and email address at the top. The name is correct but the email address is no good anymore. That's the one that needs to be updated.

Regards

• Rav

Tap on the 'Company Details' option on that page and update the contact information fields. I could be wrong but I believe that email address is pulled from the contact info.

• Ray_10758703

No, not so Rav.

I have made myself the contact as I am the administrator and I have put my own email address as the contact. However I am NOT the account holder as you can see from the screenshot I sent you previously.

There is nowhere on this app where I can change that. It needs to be changed as the elmo@chariot.net.au address is obsolete.

Surely your system should have an option for me to change that and it DOESN'T.

• Ray_10758703

Rav. I would appreciate a response to my query. If you do not have the answer yourself, please direct me to someone that can assist me with this issue.

The fact an email address is incorrect and cannot be changed anywhere in this App is an issue that needs to be addressed.

Regards

• Rav

I've asked the app team to give me an indication on where that specific email address is being pulled from and displayed in the app. I'll let you know when I hear back from them.

Out of curiousity though, is this affecting any usability or functionality in the app? ie. is this currently preventing you from using the Payroll App?

• Ray_10758703

No it isn't Rav. The app is working as it should.

I was contacted yesterday by someone from Reckon and they were not able to help me in any way in relation to the specific email address.

All the lady could say was that the specific email addressed was possibly linked to either my Google or Apple Id from when I originally downloaded the app.

This makes zero sense, as I downloaded the app via Google play from my own mobile phone. Yes my Google account uses that old email address as a username but once I have the app, I still have to set it up.

I would have nominated my partner as the business name as she is the one with the ABN and at the time that email address was still operational, so I would have used it.

Now that it is no longer a functioning email address, it needs to be changed. How is it I can change my contact details but not hers. What's more, how can one of your own people ring me up and be completely clueless as to how to rectify this?

• Rav

I don't know what the intention of that call was or the person you spoke with so I can't comment on that.

But what I can say is, I've had a chat with the Product team in regard to this and they're taking a look into it. I'm not a dev so its likely I won't explain this in full detail but the display of that email address is being pulled from a component on the STP engine rather than an in-app field/function.

The Payroll app and STP teams will investigate and work together on the best way to address it but its not going to be a quick thing as there is higher priority compliance work being conducted at the moment, specifically STP Phase 2.

As you've advised your login email address and contact email address are updated which is great and your usability of the app is not impacted in any sense which is the main thing.

I'll let our devs work their magic on this and I'll keep you posted with more info as soon as I receive it from the team.

• Ray_10758703

Cheers Rav. I recognise my issue is not an urgent one but it would be good if it could be addressed in the near future.