Trouble with creating employee

Options
jhsi006
jhsi006 Member Posts: 1
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

This is my first time using Reckon Payroll App. I added 2 employees without problem, but when I tried to add a third, the app came up with the message "Could not create employee: Super fund needs to be linked to a super contact". Any idea how to solve this?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,416 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @jhsi006

Are you creating a custom super fund for this employee or are you leaving it as the default super fund?

Does the error message appear upon you creating the employee or on a specific screen during setup?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• melissam
    melissam Member Posts: 3
    Options

I have the same problem when entering third employee . Two employees have same super fund third does not . It says super fund needs to be linked a super contact.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,416 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @melissam

Two employees have same super fund third does not

Just to clarify, did you create and assign custom super funds to the first two employees?

When you are creating the 3rd employee, are you assigning the default super fund to them in their profile info?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• melissam
    Options

Yes I did . With the third person it will not let me assign any super fund . I’m wondering if I assign him to the first fund and make up a member number then go back an edit it . As I can’t make an employee at all . No that didn’t work . It doesn’t ask for a default fund .

• Rav
    Options

Thanks for getting back to me @melissam

You're attempting this in the mobile app, correct?

If so, can you head over to the web access for your Payroll App account here - https://payroll.reckon.com/ and sign in with your usual credentials.

Try creating the employee from scratch again in here and let me know if its successful for you or not. If it still doesn't go through, does the same error message appear in Payroll Web?

• melissam
    Options

I finally got it sorted . It was because I didn’t have a default fund for super. Thank you

• Rav
    Options

That's good to hear, thanks for letting me know @melissam 👏

I think we can do better in regard to that error message though, I'll shoot this post over to our app team so they're aware of it.