Something went wrong

julie_10861298
julie_10861298 Member Posts: 25
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

I have recently upgraded to the Premium (from Basic Payroll App)

I am trying to access the STP Phase 2 checklist from my desktop computer and when I click on the banner 'Prepare for STP Phase 2! Let's go' I keep getting the 'Something went wrong' error message page?

What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi Julie,

Can I get you to check if you have any super items or super funds in an 'inactive' status.

To check super items when you're logged into the Payroll Web on your desktop, head over to Settings ➡ Pay Items ➡ Superannuation and to check super funds, head to Settings ➡ Superannuation Funds ➡ Click the 'Inactive' toggle to see any funds that have been disabled.

If you have any super items and/or super funds that are currently in an inactive status can you please re-enable them. Once that is done, try heading over to the STP 2 Ready Checklist again.

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• julie_10861298

Hi Rav,

I have just checked and the Super items are all 'active'. I've tried the checklist again and the same error message comes up.

Julie

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Thanks for trying Julie.

One other suggestion/question, which browser are you using? Can I get you to login to Reckon Payroll on an alternative browser and just check if the same error message persists there?

Also, can I just get a couple of things from you if the above fails so I can get my dev team to investigate.

• The ABN that you've registered to your Payroll App account
    • A screenshot of the error message that appears when you attempt to access the Checklist

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• julie_10861298

Hi Rav,

I tried a different browser which I think did the trick!

Thank you so much for all your help.

Julie

• Rav

Ah perfect that's good to hear 😊

Just for my own reference in case it comes up again in future, can you let me know which browser you were using previously when you encountered the error and then which browser you switched over to which was successful?

• julie_10861298

I was using Firefox and then went to Google Chrome.

Thanks again Rav

• Rav

Thanks so much Julie! 🙌

• julie_10861298

Hi Rav,

I have just done a pay run and when I go to the declaration and press 'Submit to ATO' I get a message 'Error Failed to submit STP pay run to ATO'

Note: I am using Version 6.0.56

Thanks, Julie

• Rav

Hi Julie

That error message usually means the pay run data has become corrupt on the backend. What you'll need to do is delete this pay run and then recreate it and it should go through as normal.

• julie_10861298

Hi Rav,

I deleted the pay run successfully and re-entered it. The same error message came up when I pressed 'Submit to ATO'

Julie

• Rav

Ok thanks for trying.

The next thing is to review the employee and company information you have in the app.

Are there any new employees that you've recently created and are being included in this specific pay run? If so, that would be a good place to start.

Take a look at the info in their profile and ensure that its all complete and valid.

Secondly, also take a look at the 'Company Details' section in the Settings menu just to ensure that is complete as well.

Have you previously been able to create pay runs and send through STP submissions via the app successfully?

• julie_10861298

Hi Rav,

Its not a new employee and I've checked all their details and cant find anything unusual or outstanding. The company details section looks all ok too. I believe this is the first pay run that I've done after I've completed the STP Phase 2 checklist so perhaps this has caused it?

• Rav

Hmmm perhaps you're right, definitely shouldn't be causing problems like this though 🤔

Did you complete all of the fields in the STP Phase 2 checklist for all your employees and earning items?

Can I get you to take a screenshot of the error message and post it here.

Cheers

• julie_10861298

Hi Rav,

Here are the screenshots.

• Rav

Thanks for that Julie

I'm just putting this together into a case and about to send it over to my devs for a bit of further investigation.

Before I do, just one last question. Are you encountering the same error message if you attempt to create this pay run (from scratch) on the Payroll App (mobile app) as well?

• julie_10861298

Hi Rav,

This is the message I receive when I try the pay run on the mobile

• Rav

Thanks for all the info and screenshots Julie, its super helpful.

I've just sent this over to my dev team in a case to look into for us and I'll keep you posted with their response as soon as I have it.

• julie_10861298

Thanks Rav - much appreciated!!

• Rav
    edited March 2023

Hi Julie

The devs have just got back to me and would like to access your Payroll App book in order to perform some further investigation.

As such they require a couple of things;

• Your permission to access your Payroll App account. No data will be recorded and will only be accessed for troubleshooting purposes only.
    • Your permission to remove the existing Multi Factor Authentication (MFA) from the account so your book can be accessed by the devs. Once they've completed their investigation (probably an hour or so), MFA will be reset.

If you can please give me confirmation on the above two points I'll let the devs know so they proceed.

• julie_10861298

Hi Rav,

yes, please proceed

• Rav

Just a quick update Julie.

The devs had a look at your account and the error message that is appearing. They're kicking off some further investigation into this now.

The access to your account has been reset now and the devs no longer have access. The next time you do so, you'll be asked to enter your phone number for MFA again so just go ahead and enter in your phone number like normal.

I'll keep you posted with more info from the team as soon as I have it.

• julie_10861298

That’s great, thanks Rav

• julie_10861298

Hi Rav,

Any news on the error?

Julie

• Rav

Hi Julie,

The dev team are still looking into this one at the moment as it looks like it might need a bit of further examination on what work is required to resolve.

I'll let you know as soon as I get more info from the team in regard to progress.

• Rav

Hi there Julie

We've just released a new app update this morning which is now available. Its only for the mobile app at this stage but please download it when you have a chance from your app store. Then delete any draft pay runs you currently have, recreate a new pay run and try to send through the submission.

• julie_10861298

Hi Rav,

I downloaded the new app and deleted the draft and tried again but same message 'Cannot reach server' keeps coming back.

Julie

• Rav

Hi again Julie

Firstly, sincere apologies for the delay its taken in trying to resolve this. Our dev team have had a pretty hard time in trying to get to the bottom of the cause of the issue you're experiencing 😞

They've just come back to me in the last couple of minutes with a couple of recommendations to undertake in the employee's profile information which should rectify the problem.

• Change the address selection from International to Australia
    • Change the State to all upper case ie. Nsw to NSW or select the correct state from the selection in the dropdown list.

Once the above is done, save the employee profile info. Delete that draft pay run and recreate it and send through the STP submission.

It should go through this time 🤞 but let me know how you get on.

• julie_10861298

Hi Rav,

IT WORKED !!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much !!!!!

Julie

• Rav

Awesome to hear, thanks so much for your patience Julie 🙌

Glad its sorted and sing out if you have any further trouble.

• julie_10861298

Will do.

Thanks again Rav

• julie_10861298

Hi Rav,

I am having problems signing in (with the mobile app and desktop). When I receive the 6-digit code and enter it, it tells me that I have entered an incorrect code.

Thanks,

Julie

• Rav

Hi Julie

MFA codes have a very short expiry period for security reasons, I can't recall what it is exactly but I think its in the vicinity of 2 minutes or so from the time its requested.

Are you receiving the SMS message with the MFA code on your phone normally/quickly or is it taking a while to get to you?

Have you requested the MFA multiple times using the 'Resend Code' option on-screen? If so, is there a chance you may be entering in an old code?

Try switching your phone to flight mode for 2 minutes. This will disconnect your phone from the mobile network. After that turn flight mode off and your phone will be forced to poll your network provider. Try logging in again and requesting the MFA.

• julie_10861298

I have poor mobile phone reception but can receive the code via mobile text and enter it via the desktop all in under 2 minutes. I'm definitely using the correct code too. And have also tried the resend code option.

I tried turning to fight mode for 2 minutes as you suggested, however that still did not work.

Is there perhaps an option for me to disable the MFA code and log in without it?

• julie_10861298

Hi Rav,

I have been able to fix the problem. I have to place my mobile phone in an area which has better reception in order to receive the text with the MFA code a lot faster. Then I can enter the code & it works.

Thanks for your help with this one.

Regards, Julie