Basic app won't let me upgrade to premium.

Options
Doug Tomic
Doug Tomic Member Posts: 9
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

Basic app won't let me upgrade to premium. I get a message saying in-app purchases not allowed. How do I upgrade and still get the 50% discount?

Tagged:

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,390 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @Doug Tomic

I've just done a search and it looks like that is a message coming from your Apple account when there is a purchase control or parental lock in place to prevent purchases on the App Store.

You'll need to review any restrictions that are in place on your Apple account and remove them so that the upgrade can be processed. I've linked an article I found on Apple's site below that has a bit more info -

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Doug Tomic
    Options

I can’t turn off the in-app purchase restriction. Is there another way to get the upgrade?

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,390 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @Doug Tomic

At this stage the Payroll App's purchase process and billing is handled directly through the respective app store only so unfortunately there is no other way to faciliate the upgrade.

A potential workaround could be that you purchase an Apple App Store gift card from a retailer such as Coles or Woolies then redeem it on your App Store so that the monthly purchase price for the app's premium plan subscription is taken off the credit balance rather than a credit card. With that said, I can't say for sure whether you'd still need to remove any purchase restrictions you have in place on your Apple account in order for that to work.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Doug Tomic
    Options

Continuing with my problem above. I received a notification email from Apple on 2 June that on 1 June I accepted the Reckon offer for a months free trial and then a reduced rate. I can see it in iTunes on my computer , but when I open the app on my iPhone I have a message that my premium trial has ended and that I either downgrade or subscribe. There isn't an option on how to downgrade and I'm asked to subscribe, but I can from my phone because I can't do in-app purchases as described above. I've tried restoring purchases from the iPhone, but get the in-app purchases not allowed message followed by another message which reads: Unable to restore purchases. The operation couldn't be completed. (SKErrorDomain error4.). I've tried deleting and reinstalling the app from the AppStore but that didn't work. I've spoken to my companies IT because it is a company phone and they say they don't manage in-app purchases.

• Doug Tomic
    Options

Further to my post of 30 April, I received a notification email from Apple on 2 June that on 1 June I accepted the Reckon offer for a months free trial and then a reduced rate. I can see it in iTunes on my computer , but when I open the app on my iPhone I have a message that my premium trial has ended and that I either downgrade or subscribe. There isn't an option on how to downgrade and I'm asked to subscribe, but I can't from my phone because I can't do in-app purchases as described in my previous post. I've tried restoring purchases from the iPhone, but get the in-app purchases not allowed message followed by another message which reads: Unable to restore purchases. The operation couldn't be completed. (SKErrorDomain error4.). I've tried deleting and reinstalling the app from the AppStore but that didn't solve the problem. I've spoken to my company's IT because it is a company phone and they say they don't manage in-app purchases. Any suggestions on how to solve the problem?

• Rav
    Options

Hi @Doug Tomic

I received a notification email from Apple on 2 June that on 1 June I accepted the Reckon offer for a months free trial and then a reduced rate. I can see it in iTunes on my computer

Can I just confirm, you've mentioned that you've received a confirmation from Apple that you've moved over to the premium plan on June 1 but as we've also discussed earlier in this post that you have a purchase restriction in place. In that case, can I just clarify, how did you action the upgrade/purchase?

Secondly, can I just establish that you are on the latest version of the Payroll App? The current version is v6.2.15.

Finally, if you're on the premium plan now, which it sounds like you are, you have access to your Payroll App account on the web at https://payroll.reckon.com/

I'd recommend logging in there with your usual app login credentials and confirming that you're able to access and use your account.

Let me know how you get on.