bank reconciliation

Ms Yuen
Ms Yuen Member Posts: 37

I'm make the bank reconciliation last week. But unfortunately, deleted a transaction on Oct last year. and make the bank reconciliation unbalance. would you please advise how to undo the method to balance the bank reconciliation and the correct bank balance.

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

Re enter the amount exactly as it was before you deleted it, then go into the reconciliation window, put the correct closing balance as at the last time you reconciled, the deleted figure should now be there for you to tick and then it should balance

• Ms Yuen
    Ms Yuen Member Posts: 37

Dear Kris,

Thank you for your reply.

The bank opening balance are not match with bank, I tried to press “undo last reconciliation” to fix the problem, Unfortunately, after pressing the bottom of “Undo Last Reconciliation”, the beginning balance are changing to HK$1,573,180.97, it is the beginning balance of 1 Nov 2022 but in our QB record showing that it is last reconciled on 30/11/2022, would you please help to fix the problem for me?

Best regards,

Vick

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

Don’t worry about the opening balance, put in the correct closing balance and you should tick the old entry and it will balance, if that has been the only error.

if you last reconciled to 30/11 put that balance in again for the closing balance (ignore the opening balance discrepancy) and enter the date 30/11/22. Then tick everything in the bank reconciliation up to that date on the bank statement and see what happens to the difference - should get to zero.