Hand over file to another user of the same file (transfer ownership)

Ainslie
Ainslie Member Posts: 2

Hi, I set up a book for the accounts of the association I was treasurer of. I'm no longer a member so want to transfer ownership to the new treasurer, who is a current user of the book. When I attempted the transfer ownership process, I received an error message "This user does not have admin access to any companies. Please search for company admin." Searching online has only led me to the information that the transferee "must have Reckon One Portal access" which she does as a user (and she has administrator status). Does she need to set up a new book (company) in her login, and the book transfers into there?

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @Ainslie

I'm assuming that you've set up the other individual as a 'Staff' member in your Reckon Portal account which is why she is appearing as a user, is that correct?

If so, you'll first need to remove this person as a staff member from your Portal account by going to Account ➡ Staff ➡ Click the menu icon next to the user staff member ➡ Remove

I've put together a quick screen recording example below -

Once that is completed, go ahead and perform the transfer of ownership again and it should go through without issue.

Let me know if still have any trouble.

Cheers

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Ainslie
    Ainslie Member Posts: 2

Hi, I did the step above - Removed the user however I still got the same message. Does she need to set up a new book and subscription for me to transfer to?

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @Ainslie

No the other individual doesn't need to setup their own book, and in fact, I'd highly recommend they don't do that as it will have it own subscription that they will be responsible for.

Please ensure they have fully setup their own account including verifying their email address (which I assume they have already done). If you're still not having any luck, please give our technical support team a call and one of our technicians can take a closer look at what's happening there.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.