Preparing for STP Phase 2 🗓

Rav
Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Preparing for STP Phase 2 🗃

Hi everyone

By now you have likely heard of the upcoming STP Phase 2 reporting requirements. This will see your business build on its current STP reporting to provide additional information to the ATO every time you process a pay run.

As you know, our Reckon software is currently deferred from STP Phase 2 requirements until June 30, 2023. As this deadline approaches and we finalise our software, we wanted to give you a little update.

We'll be making the transition process easy in Reckon Accounts Hosted with an STP Phase 2 Migration Assistant that will guide you through the information you need to add, review or edit to get your business compliant with the ATO’s guidelines. This migration assistant will be available directly in your software and we’ll let you know very soon when it's ready.

We've also created an STP Phase 2 Hub that details the additional data required and key changes. It's important your business is across this information and documents the changes now, so you can seamlessly switch to STP Phase 2 when it’s available in your software.

Over the couple of months, we will provide you with further information so that you have everything you need in order to make the move to STP Phase 2. We'll also have additional support and resources before and during the change period to help ease the transition for your business.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

Tagged:

Comments

• JANE_9714211
    JANE_9714211 Member Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi Rav,

Is the webinar for STP Phase 2 already available to purchase? I can't attend the 6/6/23 date and want to be prepared asap for the changes. I don't want to wait until the webinar is available on 6/6/23 and watch later.

Thank you.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @JANE

Unfortunately not, its a live webinar so will become available once it occurs. If you're looking to get a head start on getting prepared, I'd recommend checking out our STP Phase 2 overview guide which I'll link below -

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Jo Arnold
    Jo Arnold Member Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hi Rav

Will this seminar contain much more information that what was in the 'Getting up to Speed on Single Touch Payroll Phase 2' on demand webinar that came out in February? Also, is it possible to get a copy of the slide show from this event please?

I'm wondering if I need to do this Advanced Masterclass webinar or if what was in the first one will be enough information for me to transition to STP2?

Thanks,

Jo

• Rav

Hi @Jo Arnold

There will be a little bit of overlap in some of the content from that previous webinar however Clayton will also go through the process of transitioning your existing data in Reckon Accounts Hosted to the new STP Phase 2 requirements along with a demo of the Migration Assistant that is coming up in the 2023 release.

It'll be a deep dive where he'll provide his unique insights and perspectives on STP Phase 2 along with being able to provide specific tax/legislation advice, which we as Reckon, are unable to go into.

Just note we will have our own STP Phase 2 content that is product-specific in nature in line with the upcoming releases including help guides on the new requirements, transitioning, how-to videos and more coming soon as well.

My suggestion would be to attend if you're able to since we're getting on the home straight toward STP Phase 2 right around the corner and there certainly will be value in the webinar, just my 2c 🙂

• Jo Arnold

Thanks Rav. I'll have a think about it.

Do you know how or where I can access the slide slow from the first webinar? I've tried contacting Event Brite but haven't had a reply.

Jo

• Rav

Hmm I'm not sure if the slide deck gets sent out with the recording @Jo Arnold but I'll ask.

Do you still have access to the recording and other webinar companion docs?

• Jo Arnold

Yes, I have access. I'm currently going through the webinar and taking screenshots of the slide show but it would be much more convenient if I could access another way.